Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z490M-Plus
CPU
Intel Core i9-10900K
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Hi All,
first-timer hackintosh installer, I am having troubles booting from USB.
I have a brand new ASUS Prime Z490M-Plus with Intel Core i9-10900K.
I apparently followed the installation guide step by step, however, the usb image stops loading short after the apple logo is on.
Clover v.5119, Mac OS Catalina.
Here is a screenshot using the verbose mode:
2021-03-05 17.12.28.jpg

Could anyone help me with that?

Thanks!!!

Hi All,
first-timer hackintosh installer, I am having troubles booting from USB.
I apparently followed the installation guide step by step, however, the usb image stops loading short after the apple logo is on.
Clover v.5119, Mac OS Catalina.
Here is a screenshot using the verbose mode:
View attachment 511195

Could anyone help me with that?

Thanks!!!

Hi there.

Are you using UniBeast or the 'createinstallmedia' method?

:)

I don't think UniBeast contains Clover v5119. > Sorry. Yes it does :thumbup:

Are you using the latest version of the Catalina installer, or an earlier one?

Did you remember to disable CSR ?

Last edited:
Thanks again!

I downloaded version 15.7.03 and yes, CSR was disabled.

I just re-run the entire procedure just in case.
I get the same output as before

Thanks again!

I downloaded version 15.7.03 and yes, CSR was disabled.

I just re-run the entire procedure just in case.
I get the same output as before

Okay.

Well looking at our User Builds and Golden Builds forums it seems like everyone who has built a Z490 system recently has used OpenCore as their boot loader:

Asus motherboards -

and Gigabyte -

I don't see anyone who has used Clover. So maybe build yourself an OpenCore bootloader on USB and test that instead?

(Incidentally the error message you see on-screen can mean several different scenarios and it's difficult, with what we can see, to judge which is most likely. Hence suggesting trying the all-encompassing OpenCore route instead).

As I always say "Search is your friend here" and if no-one else has succeeded doing what you are trying then cast about for other methods.

:)

Unibeast or Clover is not going to have the memory fix that you need for Z490, you most likely need to use OpenCore.

I know that OpenCore has made various changes to Booter->Quirks to help with more recent hardware since Clover has forked it for their most recent versions.

I am having troubles booting from USB.
Do you have a CFG lock setting in the UEFI/BIOS ? If so disable it and try again. Every board is different in regard to CFG lock. Even different BIOS versions for the same board may have it locked or unlocked. You need to research what is the case for your specific board.

Thank again for the suggestions!

I tried to redo the procedure using OpenCore and BigSur. Probably I changed too many variables to keep track of what's going on...

So I have a couple of questions:
1. It seems like disabling CFG Lock would be a key step. I am a completely newbie about that, what procedure shall I follow? (no options in bios)
2. Shall I focus on Catalina or Big Sur? Would that make any difference?

Try using the SSDT-EC.aml attached to this post.
1. It seems like disabling CFG Lock would be a key step. I am a completely newbie about that, what procedure shall I follow? (no options in bios)
Also read through the other Asus Z490 guides on this site to learn how they handled the CFG lock issue.
Shall I focus on Catalina or Big Sur? Would that make any difference?
Try a Catalina USB first with both Clover and OpenCore and see which one works better for your hardware. You should be able to swap EFI folders, clear NVRAM and then boot with either one. Once you get Catalina to work then it's fairly easy to upgrade to Big Sur via the MAS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back