Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-SOC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Intel HD4600 on-board
Mac
  1. iMac
I'm trying to update Sierra to High Sierra. I've copied the `apfs.efi` from the Installer app to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (and /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/). When I run the installer and it restarts the machine, the Boot Install option is not shown by Clover (I assume that it should show alongside the other boot options?); it still only shows macOS and Windows icons to boot to. What am I missing to get the install/boot menu to show?

I have four drives on my machine:
  1. GUID NTFS Windows 10 (EFI, mapped partition, recovery)
  2. MBR ext4 Linux (not shown by Clover, swap and mounted)
  3. GUID HPF+ macOS (EFI, mounted, recovery)
  4. GUID NTFS data (reserved, mapped data)

Before the Clover menu, I see the following msgs on the screen:

I'm trying to update Sierra to High Sierra. I've copied the `apfs.efi` from the Installer app to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (and /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/). When I run the installer and it restarts the machine, the Boot Install option is not shown by Clover (I assume that it should show alongside the other boot options?); it still only shows macOS and Windows icons to boot to. What am I missing to get the install/boot menu to show?

I have four drives on my machine:
  1. GUID NTFS Windows 10 (EFI, mapped partition, recovery)
  2. MBR ext4 Linux (not shown by Clover, swap and mounted)
  3. GUID HPF+ macOS (EFI, mounted, recovery)
  4. GUID NTFS data (reserved, mapped data)

Before the Clover menu, I see the following msgs on the screen:
View attachment 404018

Hi there.

My guess is that the installer got confused and placed the install files on the wrong drive.

You could try disconnecting all other drives but the one you want to install to (3 ?)
Remember you can opt to retain the HFS+ file system in HS if you want to. See the main guide.

Your drive no.1 might have confused things. Two EFI partitions in one machine is not recommended.

The APFS preboot text is normal. There are threads here about how to hide it :thumbup:

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back