Contribute
Register

HELP, Chimera Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should actually read the post and follow carefully.

FYI: Using the "Intel graphics ... mixed" patch on a system which isn't mixed is a very bad idea.

Man, you are a genius! My Mavericks Boot no using safe mode! I just use this flag: IGPlatformID=01660003 -v

Now I have just a 2 problems. My keyboard don't work, and my system don't boot from Hdd, just USB.

Yes, We Can! :headbang:

Man, you are a genius! My Mavericks Boot no using safe mode! I just use this flag: IGPlatformID=01660003 -v

Now I have just a 2 problems. My keyboard don't work, and my system don't boot from Hdd, just USB.

Yes, We Can! :headbang:

Did you install the bootloader? What happens when you attempt to boot from your HDD (no USB plugged in)?

Laptops have a PS2 keyboard/trackpad. There is no native support for PS2 in OS X, so you need to install drivers for it. Mostly it depends on the trackpad in your laptop. What is the manufacturer of the trackpad in your laptop?

Did you install the bootloader? What happens when you attempt to boot from your HDD (no USB plugged in)?

Laptops have a PS2 keyboard/trackpad. There is no native support for PS2 in OS X, so you need to install drivers for it. Mostly it depends on the trackpad in your laptop. What is the manufacturer of the trackpad in your laptop?

I installed the boot loader, the folder extra, now, contains org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist.

I have to do again the boot0 correction? I did before the bootloader be installed correctly .

EDIT: Nothing happened. When I select the Hdd, the computer back to list of boot options

I installed the boot loader, the folder extra, now, contains org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist.

I have to do again the boot0 correction? I did before the bootloader be installed correctly .

EDIT: Nothing happened. When I select the Hdd, the computer back to list of boot options

Check that you installed the bootloader to the correct partition and that you did the boot0 fix correctly. Also, check that you have an active partition.

Check that you installed the bootloader to the correct partition and that you did the boot0 fix correctly. Also, check that you have an active partition.

I did in disk1s2, where is my Mac installed. Try a uefi boot loader is a option?

I did in disk1s2, where is my Mac installed. Try a uefi boot loader is a option?

Dump all the boot records and check for active partition:
Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/rdisk1 of=/tmp/mbr count=1 bs=512
xxd</tmp/mbr|tail
sudo dd if=/dev/rdisk1s2 of=/tmp/pbr count=1 bs=512
xxd</tmp/pbr|tail
sudo dd if=/dev/rdisk1s2 of=/tmp/pbr count=2 bs=512
xxd</tmp/pbr|tail
# all of above should end in 55aa
sudo fdisk /dev/rdisk1
# mac partition should be marked with '*'

Clover is always an option for picky BIOS implementations.

Hi friend! I Found a option in in my bios setup "HD INIT DELAY" - "Disable for maximum compatibility, disable before installation of SO". Now, i deleted everything and started over. I Hope it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back