Contribute
Register

[HELP Boot] Installing/Multibeast Mavericks - Kext and DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z68 - LX
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500k
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 560Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Hi all and thanks for entering this thread.
I've had some problems with my OS X Mavericks 10.9 installation. I successfully built my USB Installer and ran setting the GraphicsEnabler flag to Yes (As suggested in the Guide for the 5xx Nvidia VideoCard).

Before i continue, there are my sys specs:
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-V LX (ALC887(AUDIO), Realtek 8111E (ETH)...) [Stock BIOS - UEFI - AMI]
8 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX
500 Gb WD S Black on SATA (AHCI)

Then, after the successful installation, i booted into the system and ran Multibeast. The system was not connected, but the video card was putting out the desktop and the graphics. No audio nor eth connectivity though.
I selected "EasyBeast" (Maybe an error on this), selected the ALC887/888b Current Driver for AUDIO, the Realtek 8111 for the Ethernet, USB 3.0 Universal fix, and of course the boot loader with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" flag.

Once i rebooted back, after the Grey Apple Logo Screen, the monitor goes to sleep with no signal input. Tried to get a -v but the video goes off before seeing anything.
I reinstalled back to the point of running Multibeast again.
I didn't found something for helping me out of this in the forum, even if there are plenty of posts referred to my Motherboard and CPU. Maybe something related to some missing Kext or DSTS for my motherboard or missing flag for the boot loader.
Can someone help me to figure out my mistakes with this?

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english... :(

Hi all and thanks for entering this thread.
I've had some problems with my OS X Mavericks 10.9 installation. I successfully built my USB Installer and ran setting the GraphicsEnabler flag to Yes (As suggested in the Guide for the 5xx Nvidia VideoCard).

Before i continue, there are my sys specs:
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-V LX (ALC887(AUDIO), Realtek 8111E (ETH)...) [Stock BIOS - UEFI - AMI]
8 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX
500 Gb WD S Black on SATA (AHCI)

Then, after the successful installation, i booted into the system and ran Multibeast. The system was not connected, but the video card was putting out the desktop and the graphics. No audio nor eth connectivity though.
I selected "EasyBeast" (Maybe an error on this), selected the ALC887/888b Current Driver for AUDIO, the Realtek 8111 for the Ethernet, USB 3.0 Universal fix, and of course the boot loader with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" flag.

Once i rebooted back, after the Grey Apple Logo Screen, the monitor goes to sleep with no signal input. Tried to get a -v but the video goes off before seeing anything.
I reinstalled back to the point of running Multibeast again.
I didn't found something for helping me out of this in the forum, even if there are plenty of posts referred to my Motherboard and CPU. Maybe something related to some missing Kext or DSTS for my motherboard or missing flag for the boot loader.
Can someone help me to figure out my mistakes with this?

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english... :(
Try boot with -x to get to deskyop, then install Fermi drivers - your GPU is Fermi
Also see http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/113413-560ti-mavericks-video-issues.html

Try boot with -x to get to deskyop, then install Fermi drivers - your GPU is Fermi
Also see http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/113413-560ti-mavericks-video-issues.html
Thank you sir. I reinstalled Mavericks for have a clean start. In MultiBeast i selected EasyBeast and added something:
Disk: 3rd Party Sata
Audio: ALC887/888b Current
Misc: ElliottForceLegacyRTC, EvOreboot, FakeSMC,NullCPUPowerManagement
Network: Lnx2Mac Realtek RTL81xx
System: AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloader: Chimera
BootOptions: Basic Boot Options, Generate CPU States, GraphicsEnabler=Yes,Use KernelCache, 1080p Display Mode
System Definitions: MacPro 5,1
SSDT Options= Sandy Bridge i5

I Get a Kernel Panic "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::gatherCStateOverride s - failed to set c-state demotion data: -1 "
I booted in -x state to get back to the desktop, then i removed acpi_smc_platform plugin. It booted normally, very slowly then.

After that, i installed the Nvidia Drivers from the official site. Then i followed a guide (i don't know if i can post the link) to complete the installation (Install Pkg->Inserted kernel flags in boot loader plist "nvda_drv=1"->added FileNVRAM.dylib->Enabled Web Drivers).

Now the system boots, but is very laggy and sometimes becomes unresponsive for seconds, after a long startup. The verbose doesn't show anything because the longest pause is on the "top left corner" mouse only screen.

Thank you sir. I reinstalled Mavericks for have a clean start. In MultiBeast i selected EasyBeast and added something:
Disk: 3rd Party Sata
Audio: ALC887/888b Current
Misc: ElliottForceLegacyRTC, EvOreboot, FakeSMC,NullCPUPowerManagement
Network: Lnx2Mac Realtek RTL81xx
System: AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloader: Chimera
BootOptions: Basic Boot Options, Generate CPU States, GraphicsEnabler=Yes,Use KernelCache, 1080p Display Mode
System Definitions: MacPro 5,1
SSDT Options= Sandy Bridge i5

Now the system boots, but is very laggy and sometimes becomes unresponsive for seconds, after a long startup. The verbose doesn't show anything because the longest pause is on the "top left corner" mouse only screen.
On a P8Z68 board you need a patched DSDT, Easy Beast + audio + network + 3rd party SATA + 1080p display mode if you need it.
The rest of the selections you made are already installed with EasyBeast.
System Definition - Mac Pro 3,1 or 4,1 will work - 5,1 or 6,1 will not because of hardware checks in the OS (will KP most of the time). Best for you to use 3,1 default in EasyBeast.
See 560Ti Fermi Freeze thread - this is not the best card to have in a PC-Mac system.

On a P8Z68 board you need a patched DSDT, Easy Beast + audio + network + 3rd party SATA + 1080p display mode if you need it.
The rest of the selections you made are already installed with EasyBeast.
System Definition - Mac Pro 3,1 or 4,1 will work - 5,1 or 6,1 will not because of hardware checks in the OS (will KP most of the time). Best for you to use 3,1 default in EasyBeast.
See 560Ti Fermi Freeze thread - this is not the best card to have in a PC-Mac system.

I can go back and install the System Definition via MultiBeast? I'll try it sir, Thank you.

I managed to install the Nvidia Driver + MacPro 5,1 and reduced the unresponsive time only at the startup. The system boots, stays a bit in the cursor only screen then the desktop appears and the bar animation occur flawlessly. Then i must wait 5-10 seconds of unresponsive system. In the meantime, the cursor moves, but no click/keypress is accepted, after that the system works.

The only thing not working properly is the USB 3.0 port and the "STOP" in the Apple Menu (Stops only the screen), while the stop in timeout works OK with USB wake. This MB has an ASMedia 3.0 Chip inside, and i read about something referred to the firmware update via windows that i can't do now :(

For the patched DSDT, can you suggest a place to find a good one? I was searching for it, but every file i found reveals some problems.

For the patched DSDT, can you suggest a place to find a good one? I was searching for it, but every file i found reveals some problems.
If you run MultiBeast again and select the 3,1 system definition and install it will overwrite the smbios.plist in /extra.

For the DSDT, extract and patch your own with maciasl is best route - see http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back