1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
ML on Ivy Bridge + Zotac H77 *wait for MultiBeast 5?*

Hi all,

Just started my hackintosh installation and learning process and hit my very first speed bump (or dead end?). These are the hardware I'm using:

Motherboard: Zotac H77-ITX-A-E
CPU: Ivy Bridge i5 3550
GPU: MSI R6670 GDDR5
RAM: G Skill 2x4Gb DDR3
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120Gb

If you're wondering why the odd hardware selection, here's the thread that records my planning stage http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...t-mac-mini-benchmark-r6670-gddr5-decided.html

Booting off unibeast, I manage to go past Apple screen with spinning wheel and stuck at a blank white screen with mouse cursor, manage to move mouse cursor but that's about it.

I've attached a screenshot of my errors. Since I'm a real noob in hackintosh, I'm not sure which error to look up first but I'll try whatever I can while waiting for a reply here, cheers.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 328
Pull the 66670 and install with the onboard graphics. Once it's up and running you can start troubleshooting the 6670 (if that's the problem).

sweet, disabled PEG and enabled IGFX from BIOS and I'm in the installation page now!

very cool, enjoy...

Is it advisable to wait for MultiBeast 5.0 since it will be out soon?

How is your build going? I am just starting on a build with the same similar motherboard (Zotac h77itx-B-e) and a Intel i5 3570K.

That's an issue with ML and AMD graphics card at the moment, we're trying to solve the problem, but it'll take some time.
Try installing using the Intel GPU, as although it's not supported as such, it should allow you to install the OS afaik.
Then you can install the graphics card which should work once you've installed the OS.

How is your build going? I am just starting on a build with the same similar motherboard (Zotac h77itx-B-e) and a Intel i5 3570K.

Sweet, I don't feel that lonely now! From what the computer shop told me, our boards are the same except yours doesn't have RAID.

Was ecstatic prematurely when I had audio (which also in turn enables video playback), all was lost upon reboot. I have just finished a fresh install and going to install MultiBeast again. More info here http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/655...restarting-multibeast-5-0-2-installation.html

That's an issue with ML and AMD graphics card at the moment, we're trying to solve the problem, but it'll take some time.
Try installing using the Intel GPU, as although it's not supported as such, it should allow you to install the OS afaik.
Then you can install the graphics card which should work once you've installed the OS.

thanks for the hard work! after listening to kduvernay's advice, I disabled PCI-E GPU (PEG) and set In-board GPU (IGFX) as primary display in BIOS and completed the installation. Then swap the BIOS (and the DVI cable!) back after installation, works like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back