Contribute
Register

Hector (H97N-WIFI / i5-4690 / 16GB RAM) with New Gigabyte 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh ok? but then why does VGA work on other people's 750 TIs????

It is possible to get VGA to work with a discrete card but it is not recommended. There are limitations using VGA with OS X in General. Apple disregarded VGA many moons ago. There is no VGA support in OS X as Stork mentioned, No Apple unit has been supplied with VGA for many years, just hacks giving limited support. Apple doesn't use 750TI's

ohh ok? but then why does VGA work on other people's 750 TIs????

The support is probably in some graphics cards' VBIOS. As you recall (I know you know this, but I state the following for new readers), the nVidia GTX 750 Ti Reference Card has 2-DVI and one mini HDMI ports. Since Apple designs it's drivers to the Reference card specifications...well, VGA is today's dinosaur. See this post for more on the discussion.

NVCAP: Seems to match the NVCAP of the EVGA card you posted above.
It does, may be the reason HDMI doesn't work. Additional NVCAPs required for correct analysis.
A temporary fix is a DVI2HDMI adapter.

It does, may be the reason HDMI doesn't work. Additional NVCAPs required for correct analysis.
+1. Well said, toleda. :thumbup:

PM is not included with the web drivers. At this time, there is no native OS X AGPM support for Maxwell.
Hmmm, for some reason after updating iStat Menus it shows that my GPU is properly idling now. I'm still using my edited AGPM.kext.
Screen Shot 2014-12-07 at 7.28.44 PM.png

I haven't checked but pretty sure everybody else with ASUS 750 Tis are complaining that DVI doesn't work.

Either way, we can ask everybody to send you their IOREGs so that you can compare the NVCAPs.
You think NVCAP could be the issue? But mine matched the example data you had posted. What should the NVCAP ideally show in a working card?

Stork, Gershy? Please post your NVCAPs or attach your IOREGs for Toleda to analyse?

I haven't checked but pretty sure everybody else with ASUS 750 Tis are complaining that DVI doesn't work.

Either way, we can ask everybody to send you their IOREGs so that you can compare the NVCAPs.
You think NVCAP could be the issue? But mine matched the example data you had posted. What should the NVCAP ideally show in a working card?

Stork, Gershy? Please post your NVCAPs or attach your IOREGs for Toleda to analyse?

ok soz for late reply (didnt get emailed....) how do i find out that???

ok soz for late reply (didnt get emailed....) how do i find out that???

Scroll up to Toleda's post,
he's posted links for IOREG and IOJONES. Download them.

Make sure you're on on-board graphics without the GTX 750 Ti in the PCIe slot.

Install Web Drivers and select Web Drivers instead of OS X Default (even though you'll NEVER connect your cable to the GTX 750 Ti's HDMI slot).

Shut down.

Put GTX 750 Ti in the PCIe slot.

BIOS settings > Init Display as IGFX and Intel Graphics Enabled. Connect Monitor to the on-board HDMI port and start up OS X.

Check NVIDIA Driver Manager in System Preferences to confirm that NVIDIA is detecting the card in some slot in the ECC tab.

Run IOREG or IOJONES, navigate to the location in Toleda's screenshot.

Use Command/Windows Key + Shift + 4 to take a screenshot of the NVCAP section. Also, File > Save will lead to a copy of your IOREG on the desktop.

Upload all files as an attachment to a post in this thread as well as here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back