Contribute
Register

Hector (H97N-WIFI / i5-4690 / 16GB RAM) with New Gigabyte 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet that a different framebuffer is needed for the ASUS card.
Nvidia uses a proprietary algorithm to configure framebuffers on boot. The value is reported in IOReg /IOJones: PCI0/PEGP@1/GFX0@0/NVCAP or native PCI0/PEG0@1/PEGP@0/NVCAP. The NVCAP is different for different connector configurations and is independent of VBIOS version. It is not known if a working NVCAP can fix a non working GTX 750/750 TI connector.

Hypothesis: no hdmi display is caused by a NVCAP problem.
Methodology: user data analysis

GTX 750/750 TI user provided data request:

model: evga gtx 750 1gb ftw acx 2
part: 01g-p4-2767-kr
device_id: 6738
vbios: 82.07.32.00.54
connectors: dp/hdmi/dvi

working: hdmi/dvi
not working:
not tested: dp

nvcap:
Code:
05 00 00 00
00 00 ff ff
ff ff 00 00
00 00 00 0e
00 00 00 00

IORegistry Explorer (choose one)

1. IORegistryExplorer_v2.1.zip
  2. IOJones
Example:
nvcap.png

Nvidia uses a proprietary algorithm to configure framebuffers on boot. The value is reported in IOReg /IOJones: PCI0/PEGP@1/GFX0@0/NVCAP or native PCI0/PEG0@1/PEGP@0/NVCAP. The NVCAP is different for different connector configurations and is independent of VBIOS version. It is not known if a working NVCAP can fix a non working GTX 750/750 TI connector.

Hypothesis: no hdmi display is caused by a NVCAP problem.
Methodology: user data analysis

Thank you, Toleda, for your esteemed opinion. Not sure how much of it I followed considering I'm not from this field (I'm a doctor who has been dabbling in these areas for years without any formal education in tech).

How exactly can I obtain user data like above, for my card? Maybe that could give a clue as to how my ASUS card is responding differently.

Do you think there is likely to be a solution for the ASUS cards or will they never work?

Doctor, I saw that post earlier and responded after showing it to tonymacx86. We think it might be because the ASUS card deviates from the nVidia Reference Card with which is the standard that Apple writes it's drivers.

However, I still can't explain the difference in the Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti models where mine works like a Champ, and Gershy can't get his Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti card's HDMI to work with Yo and the nVidia web drivers.

I guess if we can get Gershy's card to work, it'd validate this theory. Thank you for bringing the issue to tonymacx86's notice.

If this in fact turns out to be the cause, is it possible for the drivers to be edited to recognise ASUS's port configuration? Logically, I can't think of why that should be impossible.

I guess if we can get Gershy's card to work, it'd validate this theory. Thank you for bringing the issue to tonymacx86's notice.

If this in fact turns out to be the cause, is it possible for the drivers to be edited to recognise ASUS's port configuration? Logically, I can't think of why that should be impossible.

If anyone has a fix please tell me!
Thanks
Gershy

How exactly can I obtain user data like above, for my card?
Do you think there is likely to be a solution for the ASUS cards or will they never work?
Links for the tools are included in Post #41. Run either tool. Reply with the information requested.
Until NVCAP is determined to be the problem, no idea if this is a solution for Asus.

Links for the tools are included in Post #41. Run either tool. Reply with the information requested.
Until NVCAP is determined to be the problem, no idea if this is a solution for Asus.

Damn, I just missed the line with the tools. Thank you for pointing those out. I'll check them out and reply with the information.

Reply with the information requested.

Toleda & Stork, please find enclosed, all the requested information in the attached ".zip":
IOREG + Screenshots of the NVCAP

I have also attached a close-up screenshot preview of my NVCAP with this post.

Do let me know if you need any more information from my end to analyse this issue.

Attachments

• doctorhackintosh's IOREG & NVCAP.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 105
  • NVCAP Preview.png
    NVCAP Preview.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 164
Model: ASUS GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5 (PH Series with a single fan) [GTX750TI-PH-2GD5]
https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX750TIPH2GD5/
Device ID: 0x1380
VBIOS: 82.07.25.00.13
Connectors: 1 HDMI, 2 DVI, 1 VGA

Working: ?
Not Working: HDMI
Not Tested: DVI (I don't have a DVI cable), VGA (I heard OS X never supported VGA).

NVCAP: Seems to match the NVCAP of the EVGA card you posted above.

Model: ASUS GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5 (PH Series with a single fan) [GTX750TI-PH-2GD5]
https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX750TIPH2GD5/
Device ID: 0x1380
VBIOS: 82.07.25.00.13
Connectors: 1 HDMI, 2 DVI, 1 VGA

Working: ?
Not Working: HDMI
Not Tested: DVI (I don't have a DVI cable), VGA (I heard OS X never supported VGA).

NVCAP: Seems to match the NVCAP of the EVGA card you posted above.

I think it supports VGA on GPUs correct me if im wrong, i think its only for integrated that VGA dont work

I think it supports VGA on GPUs correct me if im wrong, i think its only for integrated that VGA dont work
Incorrect. Apple has not supported VGA connections for years in OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back