NVIDIA GeForce 660TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Black Screen After Apple Logo

On the first boot up on my Hackintosh, a reverse progress bar appears and then in the top left corner the system reports:

Header Read Size 200
Incorrect Image Signature

Any idea what is happening?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: The header reader size 200 disappeared, now the computer is getting stuck at a black screen after the apple logo appears.

I was not having any problems with my Hackintosh. Then, about a week ago, my monitor went to sleep and would not wakeup. I shutdown the computer by holding the power switch and it went to black screen after the Apple logo. I managed to get back in by using GraphicsEnabler=No. This confused me because it had always worked with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Anyway, everything seems to mostly work as before (changed my org.chameleon.Boot.plist), except I still see the same error message you indicate and if the monitor goes to sleep, it will not wakeup. A few other searches seems to indicate this is a sleep problem. Anyway, try the GraphicsEnabler=No on boot to see if you can at least get back to the desktop. Hopefully someone will figure out what the real problem is.

I'm a noob, but have my first system up and running flawlessly (I think) with the exception of this problem, and a sound issue. Still searching the forums but a response/solution would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back