Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio with new UEFI BIOS? How to would be helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please attach the native version of your dsdt.

Toleda
I am really appreciate you sticking with me on this and apologies for taking up your time.
Please find attached my native DSDT
***EDIT***Note - I have booted with a DSDT and simply ran DSDT Editor, I assume this is OK.
I have re-attached a new .dsl which was created after removing DSDT before boot. Thanks for the info samisnake, I thought the Editor extracted it direct from UEFI. Your info implies that it extracts from the dsdt used by OSX (I therefore assume OSX creates one {perhaps at boot} if one is not specified by Chameleon. Personally, I wouldn't call that Extraction, moreso 'loading' hence my confusion).

I guess you are aware that I am using a 3770K, ie ivyBridge.

for information, I carried on using the DSDT with your patch, and also the edit that I made to return zero. The machine boots, and I was able to apply the HDMI edits to DSDT. Everything appears OK, including HDMI audio and full HD resolution, but I have started to get the Black Box 'press power to shutdown'. This may be misleading as I am starting to think it is related to USB.
Up to this point, a USB has always been inserted (Unibeast) as it holds all my downloaded 'post tasks'; if in, I don't get system freeze, if not, I 'think' I do.
***EDIT*** After a fresh install, NO DSDT and only Multibeast 5.0.2 UserDSDT + 'Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement', I still get system freeze (no mouse or keyboard), sometimes immediately after login (although safari may be open). I haven't had the Black Box for a while. I wondering if this is graphics related. NB I can only set my UEFI BIOS Internal Graphics Mem to 224M, anything higher and I get a screen of artefacts at login screen.

regards
CK

Attachments

• native_dsdt2.dsl.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 89
Note - I have booted with a DSDT and simply ran DSDT Editor, I assume this is OK.

that wont be the native dsdt then, the dsdt you extracted will be the dsdt in the extra folder

to extract the native dsdt, you need to boot in without a modified dsdt in the extra folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back