Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio with new UEFI BIOS? How to would be helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ML 10.8.1 Hackintosh
CPU
Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155
Graphics
Sapphire 100283-3L ATI Radeon HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
May already be posted, and my search just yields unsuccessful, so if already active topic on it please point me to it... If not however I hope someone can answer....

As there is no DSDT needed with the new bios, and no DSDTs available because of that... How do you go about enabling HDMI audio with the new UEFI BIOS? Anyone willing to guide me through it, and I would be most grateful...

As there is no DSDT needed with the new bios, and no DSDTs available because of that... How do you go about enabling HDMI audio with the new UEFI BIOS? Anyone willing to guide me through it, and I would be most grateful...
Guess what, your new UEFI BIOS has a dsdt. You will find it looks remarkably similar to a non-UEFI BIOS. The steps are the same as before:
1. Extract your dsdt
2. Fix errors and clean up Warnings and Remarks

See [GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards

The Lion HDMI audio guides are current for Mountain Lion. See Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

There is a new Mountain Lion HD4000 HDMI audio guide. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - HD4000.

Toleda, I'm following the instructions, but I cannot get rid of these three errors in the DSDT editor when trying to compile.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-20 at 3.17.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-20 at 3.17.13 PM.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 359
same exact errors. What should I do?

Toleda, I'm following the instructions, but I cannot get rid of these three errors in the DSDT editor when trying to compile.
Did you try "Fix errors"? If any errors remain, attach a zip of the dsdt.dsl. What motherboard is this for?

I was able to get rid of all of the errors except "Name already exists in scope (LPC0)"

Any idea how to fix? Thanks! (also, is it ok to ignore warnings?)

I'm trying to create this for a GA-Z68MX with ALC 889. Those are the two patches I applied in DSDT Editor.

OperationRegion (LPC0, PCI_Config, 0xA4, 0x02)
Field (LPC0, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
AG3E, 1
}
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x49, 0x1c, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

I was able to get rid of all of the errors except "Name already exists in scope (LPC0)"

Any idea how to fix? Thanks! (also, is it ok to ignore warnings?)

I'm trying to create this for a GA-Z68MX with ALC 889. Those are the two patches I applied in DSDT Editor.
To be successful, it is important to follow the instructions. I cannot solve your dsdt compile problem with a dozen lines of code. Read my post above.

To be successful, it is important to follow the instructions. I cannot solve your dsdt compile problem with a dozen lines of code. Read my post above.

sorry about that, file is attached.

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B2, I'm running the U1c UEFI Bios

I extracted the DSDT and then ran the Z68MX and ALC 889 patches from that site in the original post. I fixed the ATT3 error by replacing it with BUF0 and the hex digits error by replacing GH with 00.

Thanks!

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 105
sorry about that, file is attached.

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B2, I'm running the U1c UEFI Bios

I extracted the DSDT and then ran the Z68MX and ALC 889 patches from that site in the original post. I fixed the ATT3 error by replacing it with BUF0 and the hex digits error by replacing GH with 00.

Thanks!
Attach the original extracted dsdt. The problem is with another patch. HDEF is wrong. Use the HDEF from Post 1 of this thread Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back