Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio Through AMD XFX RX 480 8gb Reference Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated to the latest Sierra Public Beta 12.4 beta 1 and now I have sound through my RX 480. My RX 460 has had sound but not quite like this. It has a bug however as it sounds to be One Ocatve (give or take a few bars) low in the sound register.

Here is a quick video using the RX HDMI through LG TV, ad then switching USB sound card through a cheap speaker set.
CROSSROADS HDMI.zip

This is the first I've noticed sound through the Polaris 10 cards on a hack, the Polaris 11 or Baffin cards have been troublesome from what I've heard. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how to get this sound sequenced or configured correctly? @RehabMan, @toleda. Any insight as to where to get started would be appreciated.

View attachment 233024
Good work, I will wait 12.4:)

Hi, are there any News about the AMD/ATI RX-4xx Series Graphics..? HDMI/DP-Sound... ?

Could anyone please verify the following setup:

SIERRA OS 10.12.4 latest beta(6)
RX4x0 Device-ID pasted into AMD9510Controller.kext's info.plist
RX4x0 Device-ID NOT pasted into AMDRadeon4100.kext's info.plist

Restart system, set "CSM disabled" in BIOS, system will boot to the desktop, won't give you accelleration for GFX, but SOUND through cards HDMI-ports!
At least for me it is possible. As soon, as i paste Device-ID also in AMDRadeonX4100.kext, i will get GFX accelleration, but sound through HDMI is gone.

Also please try, if you got sound through HDMI with "CSM enabled" in BIOS-settings. Here i will only get Sound through HDMI if "CSM disabled" in BIOS.

PS: forget to mention - leave IGPU disabled and make your RX4x0 the primary GFX card.

PPS: that might be the reason, why we won't get any audio through RX4x0 HDMI ports, cause you could only boot with IGPU as a helper card, when "CSM enabled" in BIOS.

This is the summary of tests in the last couple hours by myself, that's why i need YOU to confirm this, please anyone.

Last edited:
Hi! Im pretty new to the whole Hackintosh sceene, but I have the exact same experience as you@Mork_vom_Ork. Without the RX480 deviceID pasted into AMDRadeon4100.kext's info.plist I get HDMI audio through the RX 480 HDMI port, but no acceleration.

I have HDMI audio working perfectly on the built-in HDMI port, but that only gives me 30hz display refresh rate..

Just a thought... I was able to get the audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command script to detect my RX480 by modifying it to match the name of the card, but no HDMI sound even so. I imagine the GPUs from AMD that are supported might also support the RX480. Could this work?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-07-13 21.40.38.png
    Screenshot 2017-07-13 21.40.38.png
    360.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot 2017-07-13 21.40.24.png
    Screenshot 2017-07-13 21.40.24.png
    299.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot 2017-07-13 21.40.07.png
    Screenshot 2017-07-13 21.40.07.png
    70 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Mac OS High Sierra beta 2 now has working HDMI and DisplayPort Audio. I have had HDMI audio on both my RX 460 and RX 480 in the dev beta since last week. The new update to the public beta High Sierra now has it.

So for native RX Audio just sign up for the public beta program and install High Sierra and you will have working Audio without any fixes needed.

Mac OS High Sierra beta 2 now has working HDMI and DisplayPort Audio. I have had HDMI audio on both my RX 460 and RX 480 in the dev beta since last week. The new update to the public beta High Sierra now has it.

So for native RX Audio just sign up for the public beta program and install High Sierra and you will have working Audio without any fixes needed.

Thats awesome! Was it a lot of hassle to install and get everything working? I opted for Sierra instead of High Sierra to avoid too many problems on my first hackintosh :)

Thats awesome! Was it a lot of hassle to install and get everything working? I opted for Sierra instead of High Sierra to avoid too many problems on my first hackintosh :)

For my i5 6500 it took about an hour to load up and get everything working. If you have another SSD or HDD you could load it onto that with your existing setup. I used a Yosemite build to update to High Sierra using a SSD to USB adapter. Once it was loaded I installed clover and rinstalled placed the config.plist and a couple of kexts ( change Other folder to 10.13) in clover kexts folder.

Basically, with Skylake and RX 480 it will be easier than your current setup, just dont use the APFS (Apple File System) upgrade, that takes some extra work and causes headaches.

It gives you full 36 compute units (no fix needed), audio, and accleration automatically. The only thing to fix is the R9 xxx name in about this Mac. Everything else is working and saves a lot of set up time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back