Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio Through AMD XFX RX 480 8gb Reference Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone got HDMI audio to work with AMD Gigabyte 4gb RX 460?

It won't open it archives the Ioregistry zip. 2.5mb?

It has been gzipped for lots of compression. Try this, remove the .zip ending leave the .gz ending and then double click it or try the gunzip command in Terminal. If that does not work, I will try again later tonight.

Has anyone got HDMI audio to work with AMD Gigabyte 4gb RX 460?

Not really, that is not without essentially degrading the system to the point where only the audio works and not mich else. We live in hope of a new way. :) .

Not really, that is not without essentially degrading the system to the point where only the audio works and not mich else. We live in hope of a new way. :) .

Thanks for the update.

You responded that there was nothing you could do to fix the issue, because the controller did not work correctly
The response was a problem with AMD9500Controller.kext, not the controller. Not surprisingly, AMD9500Controller.kext is gone, replaced by AMD9510Controller.kext. The fact there is noise is progress, though, clearly not finished.

The response was a problem with AMD9500Controller.kext, not the controller. Not surprisingly, AMD9500Controller.kext is gone, replaced by AMD9510Controller.kext. The fact there is noise is progress, though, clearly not finished.

Hopefully now that the long stretch of holidays is over, they will have time to make some improvements.

It won't open it archives the Ioregistry zip. 2.5mb?

Were you able to expand it? I double checked the one I uploaded, it expands from the 2.5 MB listed out to around 8.3 MB and opens in IORegistryExplorer v3.02

Not supported by the developer or this site.

Gotcha. I don't have a Hackintosh, but I find these discussion fora helpful. Of course, I don't mean to sidetrack this thread. But would you happen to have any tips on how I would approach getting audio over HDMI enabled on a Mac Pro with the RX480? I have looked into some exotic cases of using Clover with Apple hardware, but it seems to be an unintended or unsupported use.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back