Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I have HDMI audio output working but I've got a small conundrum on my hands! In my system I have two GTX 770 both only have one HDMI port. I have one monitor and a TV on the wall connected to surround sound with audio pass through, the monitor does not have any speakers built.

On windows I can select which screen/HDMI port receives the audio so the audio is sent to my TV as it has audio pass through I still get sound even when the screen is off. However on OS X it only allows the screen in the first card to receive audio through HDMI, card 2 can still send audio as when its the only HDMI connected it sends the audio through card 2.

I can't just swap the cables as OS X makes my TV the "Main Display" and i can't log on if the TV is off! Is there anyway to either change the HDMI output card? or possibly change which screen is my main display regardless of cable configuration!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting sick of swapping HDMI cables around!

Regards,
Brennen

Is there anyway to either change the HDMI output card? or possibly change which screen is my main display regardless of cable configuration!
What method did you use to enable HDMI audio?
OS X supports HDMI audio from one, the other and both when configured properly.
Windows is not relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back