Contribute
Register

HDCP / iTunes black screen issue, Netflix error fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z270-AR
CPU
I5-7600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I just finished setting up a Hackintosh (Asus Z270 Prime-AR board, i5-7600K, and GTX 1070) and it is 100% fully functional except for the issue mentioned in the title.

Everything seems like it is setup properly to me for this to work - iGPU is enabled in UEFI BIOS (iGPU multi monitor enabled), clover config plist has the proper graphics entry for the iGPU (inject intel true and connector-less id set for Kaby / HD 630), and WhateverGreen.kext installed into my EFI partition/EFI/Clover/kexts/Other directory. I can even tell that macOS detects the iGPU and can use it because iStat menus shows an entry for the HD 630 along with memory and processor utilization for the iGPU.

However, HDCP / DRM authentication still isn't working - Netflix throws an error message when trying to play videos in safari, and iTunes will not play any of my purchased movies and some of my purchased TV shows - I get the usual iTunes playback window with the progress bar at the bottom but the screen is black and the movie never starts playing.

Is there something simple I am missing? It seems like I have everything setup properly for this to work - iGPU enabled in BIOS, iGPU properly configured in clover config plist, and WhateverGreen.kext installed, but I am stuck here because it isn't working like it should.

Thanks for any advice you can provide! This is the last issue I am trying to work out with my new macOS install, otherwise fully functional.

Is there something simple I am missing? It seems like I have everything setup properly for this to work - iGPU enabled in BIOS, iGPU properly configured in clover config plist, and WhateverGreen.kext installed, but I am stuck here because it isn't working like it should.
WhateverGreen.kext will not work alone, it needs Lilu.kext too.

WhateverGreen.kext will not work alone, it needs Lilu.kext too.

Thanks for the reply - I do already have Lilu.kext installed.

I understand that the latest version of Whatevergreen now includes all the functionality of Shiki.kext so my earlier reply, trying to help, is out of date now.

I was confused because the latest Whatevergreen manual states Shiki is still separate. It seems this has been superseded.

Double-check what version Whatevergreen you have etc.

Having said that, I still use an older version of the separate kexts and everything works perfectly. I'm wary of changing this set-up. Whatevergreen 1.1.4 worked well with shiki separately and there were problems reported upgrading to 1.1.5 so I never did. (Guidance here is don't try and fix what isn't broken once you get it running ok.)

Sorry couldn't be more help.

However I would still try an Do you have the Shiki.kext in the same folder as Lilu.kext?

If not, remove Whatevergreen and put Shiki in its place. Give that a try ...

Not sure it will work with Netflix but see how iTunes goes.

(If that doesn't work, disable iGPU and test again).

:)

Last edited:
I am also having issues with this. Updated to 10.13.6 and started using the newest versions of Lilu+ Whatevergreen.kext and have lost the ability to play purchased iTunes movies and Safari Netflix 1080.
Prior to this update I had no issues. I am using a RX580 and am still working to troubleshoot the cause

I am also having issues with this. Updated to 10.13.6 and started using the newest versions of Lilu+ Whatevergreen.kext and have lost the ability to play purchased iTunes movies and Safari Netflix 1080.
Prior to this update I had no issues. I am using a RX580 and am still working to troubleshoot the cause

Got this fixed ? Having the same on Mojave

I have the same issue... Any ideas on how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back