Contribute
Register

HD520 Screen comes back turned off after waking from sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know.
Read discrete disable guide so you understand my comment.
WAK PTS.jpeg
Screen is still OFF after wake.

No idea without "Problem Reporting" files.
Are you sure your laptop is sleeping? (power LED blinking?)
Yes, I am sure it is sleeping. When it sleeps, the funs turn off, and the keyboard backlight too and Caps Lock cannot be activated. There is no blinking led on this model, even on Windows.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
  • ioreg.zip
    618.9 KB · Views: 97
Yes, I am sure it is sleeping. When it sleeps, the funs turn off, and the keyboard backlight too and Caps Lock cannot be activated. There is no blinking led on this model, even on Windows.

And what happens when you press the power button to wake it?
Note: Your config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory configuration looks like nonsense. It is not possible to have dual-channel with a single memory stick. You should set Channels=1, SlotCount=1.

And what happens when you press the power button to wake it?
Note: Your config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory configuration looks like nonsense. It is not possible to have dual-channel with a single memory stick. You should set Channels=1, SlotCount=1.
If I press the power button or if I open the lid, after 1 second the keyboard backlight turns on, and if I press any keyboard key or the power button once again, the screen turns on. If do not press anything, it goes back to sleep after 30 seconds.
On this machine keyboard goes to sleep too, so if I press any key while it is sleeping, nothing happens. Even on Windows.
I was trying to have this result.
Memory.jpeg

Last edited:
If I set Channels=1, SlotCount=2. Is it possible? I get the same result, showing as I have one free slot.

If I press the power button or if I open the lid, after 1 second the keyboard backlight turns on, and if I press any keyboard key or the power button once again, the screen turns on. If do not press anything, it goes back to sleep after 30 seconds.
On this machine keyboard goes to sleep too, so if I press any key while it is sleeping, nothing happens. Even on Windows.

Make sure you only test sleep with Apple->Sleep. Sleeping with the lid can introduce additional complications that are best left out during initial testing.

I was trying to have this result.View attachment 238918

Not a good idea.
Your setup in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory is clearly nonsense.

Not a good idea.
Your setup in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory is clearly nonsense.
OK. I made the changes. And now I´ve got this showing I have only one memory slot.
Memory.jpeg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • ioreg.zip
    641 KB · Views: 104
OK. I made the changes. And now I´ve got this showing I have only one memory slot.
View attachment 238923

Let me know how the testing goes with just Apple->Sleep.

Note: You should be using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Don't forget to disable hibernation.

Try different ig-platform-id values.

Let me know how the testing goes with just Apple->Sleep.
It is the same with apple sleep, and lid close. Always get black screen on waking until I press power button again or any key on keyboard.
Note: You should be using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Cannot boot with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. I get and error saying memory cannot be allocated.
This error started after I changed CsrActiveConfig from 0x67 to 0x3 as suggested by Mirone to AppleHDA Patch on 10.12.

Don't forget to disable hibernation.
It is already done.
Try different ig-platform-id values
Tried with 191b and 191e. I get the same results. It seems that system is getting information about my Graphics Card somehow and alway is set with 1916.
Note: I changed this value on clover´s config.plist and DSDT.aml
HD520.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back