i7
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Thanks to this awesome site, I successfully setup a Deluxe MacMini running 10.8.5 and the only thing not working right now is getting the full resolution from my ACD 30". I couldn't find a thread on this and was wondering if you could help?

I plugged the 30" ACD DVI and USB cable directly into my hackintosh and its only displaying the 1280 resolution. I installed the latest Chimera and reboot and my system and although it detects and displays the HD4600 in my SysPrefs, I can't increase the resolution. I also added the resolution into my bootloader but still not working.

My question is, do I have to get a GTX card? I figured since the ACD worked on my MBA 2012 (through Dual displayport cable convertor), it would just work and display the full resolution if I plugged the DVI+USB cable straight in.

Thank you in advance for any help.

My system setup:
GA-Z87N-Wifi
i7 4771
16GB RAM Crucial Sport
CORSAIR CX500M
BitFenix Prodigy Midnight Black

I had the same problem; but I did go out and get a GTX760.

I noticed in my Motherboard BIOS that there is a setting to increase the shared RAM that the 4600 uses, perhaps that would fix it (in fact I am going to try that here in a second, since I have both GPUs active).

For some reason, iTunes protected video content will not play locally with the 760, but if I Airplay to my AppleTV it is fine. :confused:

On that note, excellent site Tony; been helping me along this fun adventure.

(FYI I am running a GA-Z87X-UD5H and a i7 4770k)

Did not get any video from the internal GPU; some more tinkering is needed.

Nope, can't get the 30" Cinema display to run at native res off the internal graphics; always wants to be 1280x800.

From the specifications on gigabytes page the dvi port on that motherboard is only single link. The hdmi are version 1.4a so they can support resolutions up to 4k but as of currently I do not see any hdmi 1.4a to dual-link dvi adaptors on the market so my advice to you is to pick up a cheep video card that has a dual-link dvi connector on it.

Same problem with a Z87MX-D3H and ACD. The DVI is only single and wont get full resolution. And using a Apple HDMI to DVI does not work either, prob. only single-link DVI cable. So it only shows 1280x800.

I do have a the Apple Mini-display to dual-link DVI, but dont have a displayport to mini-display, and it doesn't seem to exist.

Any recommendation on graphics card with mini-displayport and pref. fanless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back