Contribute
Register

HD3000 Screen Artifacting and Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Ram IS the problem, I could buy ram and experience no problems with HD3000 right?

No one can predict the future... But there are known problems with HD3000:
- 4GB RAM
- 1600x900 displays

No one can predict the future... But there are known problems with HD3000:
- 4GB RAM
- 1600x900 displays

1600x900 has issues with EDID if I'm correct?

I'm really not sure what the cause is... but seems likely it is something in EDID.

I think it depends on what screens you have tho. The Auo screens seems to be okay which is in a friends Elitebook.

I'll pick up a PC3 1.5v dual channel 8Gb kit in a week or so. Once again I'll keep you updated.

I'll pick up a PC3 1.5v dual channel 8Gb kit in a week or so. Once again I'll keep you updated.

You'd be better off going to Crucial or Kingston as they use a system compatibility tool.

I think it depends on what screens you have tho. The Auo screens seems to be okay which is in a friends Elitebook.

I suppose it is possible some 1600x900 screens do not have issues...

Never mind guys, I just thought of it.
I don't see it being a good idea upgrading and breathing new life into an almost 7 year old laptop.

It was my dad's old business laptop and he bought a new one 3 years ago.

My personal laptop got busted by water damage and this was a temporary replacement.

Not only is the laptop old, it is broken. Trackpad doesn't work. Key's removed from keyboard by our cat. Broken headphone ports. And the most awful flaw the battery doesn't work.

So buying 40/50 dollar ram sticks for this piece of **** is pretty dumb in my opinion.

But this wasn't a complete waste of time. I've learned alot about SSDT/DSDT patching.

Thanks for the awesome support. I ****** love this site, real nice people :clap:

Never mind guys, I just thought of it.
I don't see it being a good idea upgrading and breathing new life into an almost 7 year old laptop.

It was my dad's old business laptop and he bought a new one 3 years ago.

My personal laptop got busted by water damage and this was a temporary replacement.

Not only is the laptop old, it is broken. Trackpad doesn't work. Key's removed from keyboard by our cat. Broken headphone ports. And the most awful flaw the battery doesn't work.

So buying 40/50 dollar ram sticks for this piece of **** is pretty dumb in my opinion.

But this wasn't a complete waste of time. I've learned alot about SSDT/DSDT patching.

Thanks for the awesome support. I ****** love this site, real nice people :clap:

Ever thought about upgrading the screen to 1920x1080? the LVDS cable you got already will work perfectly as its dual link.

Ever thought about upgrading the screen to 1920x1080? the LVDS cable you got already will work perfectly as its dual link.
Again, replacing a screen on a 7 year old laptop isn't smart. It's a bulky broken piece of **** and needs to be replaced. I stand by my decision of saving up for my next hackbook project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back