Contribute
Register

HD3000 Screen Artifacting and Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look also for 'pre-alloc'. Or just DVMT (then old fashioned use of your brain).
Why should I use my 8GB of ram, they are not the same model, heck even the same voltage. The other one is PC3L so it's voltage is 1.35, that can't be good right? And on top of that I would have to make a whole new DSDT!
So why should I use it?

Edit: I used the wrong quote

Last edited:
Is it crucial to have 8gb because 4gb is enough for me... Ofcourse I could do it but other people with frozen screens needed
to up their ram voltage. And the ram stick I would add is 1.35Volt.

Why should I use my 8GB of ram, they are not the same model, heck even the same voltage. The other one is PC3L so it's voltage is 1.35, that can't be good right? And on top of that I would have to make a whole new DSDT!
So why should I use it?

Edit: I used the wrong quote

8GB+ RAM has been found to be more stable with HD3000.

You should install RAM sticks that are part of a matched set.

8GB+ RAM has been found to be more stable with HD3000.

You should install RAM sticks that are part of a matched set.
And then make a new DSDT right? Should I BUY new ram or just use the stick I have lying around...I am planning on buying an
xiaomi notebook air anyway.

And then make a new DSDT right? Should I BUY new ram or just use the stick I have lying around...I am planning on buying an
xiaomi notebook air anyway.

If you have an 8GB matched set that is compatible with your laptop, use that, otherwise purchase new.

Of course, you will need to re-extract/re-patch ACPI after upgrading the RAM.

I plugged in my other ram stick anyway, made ACPI for it... booted it!!

And nothing changed:banghead:

I could buy new ram but if I'm not 100% sure it will work it would be a huge waste of money.
So is this it, after our long battle of fighting HD3000?

Just giving up and buying a new laptop and declare this one "unhackable"?

I COULD do that but before I give up....I want to say that before I was messing with ACPI I didn't encounter any
freezing or artifacts. But because I didn't had a DSDT my audio didn't work.

Kind of weird... NullCPUPowerManagment.kext gave me no hd3000 problems. I took my laptop over to my mates house
and hooked it up to his tv and we watched a movie. So I could watch movies, full 1080p via hdmi.

But that's the weird part... If NullCPUPowermanagment.kext was stable and this is stable WHY DOESN'T IT WORK NOW?

Do you have any thoughts?

I could buy new ram but if I'm not 100% sure it will work it would be a huge waste of money.

I COULD do that but before I give up....I want to say that before I was messing with ACPI I didn't encounter any

Kind of weird... NullCPUPowerManagment.kext gave me no hd3000 problems. I took my laptop over to my mates house
and hooked it up to his tv and we watched a movie. So I could watch movies, full 1080p via hdmi.

But that's the weird part... If NullCPUPowermanagment.kext was stable and this is stable WHY DOESN'T IT WORK NOW?

No idea without details on what you're doing...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Make sure that both RAM are matching. Never use mismatched RAM. HD 3000 requires 8GB or more in Dual Channel mode.

So if Ram IS the problem, I could buy ram and experience no problems with HD3000 right?

So if Ram IS the problem, I could buy ram and experience no problems with HD3000 right?

Im using a HP Probook 4530s with HD 3000 with 8GB and HD 3000 works perfectly fine same with my DH67BL desktop. Just make sure that you get the correct RAM that the machine supports get them in a kit of 2 sticks don't buy 2 packs of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back