Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What is a good HD Webcam for Mountain Lion

Thanks

Logitech C615. USB plug and play and MAC compatible. Works well with all Mountain Lion apps and supports 1080P

Awesome, thanks, will buy it

Logitech C615. USB plug and play and MAC compatible. Works well with all Mountain Lion apps and supports 1080P

wondering if u need to setup anything on Mountain Lion to work with c615?

I recently purchased this cam but I can't use it. My mountain lion 10.8.2 can see it in the System Report USB but when i turn on my Facetime and Photo booth I don't see anything.

when i turn on Photo Booth, under Camera menu it selected Logitech camera but i keep getting the spinning idling icon.

when I turn on Facetime, I don't get any Facetime window although under Video pulldown menu, C615 mic is selected.....?????

although i've read that I don't need to install their driver and it still able to work, I ended up installing the sw but still NADA!

katie

SOLVED: thanks to the last post @ http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=54976, I had to roll back to legacy USB kext from Multibeast
ML.

thanx.

kate

Yes I agree Logitech make the best choice web-cams for Mac.

In my case I bought the C270 but although it is spec'd as "HD" is not as high-res as the C615.

UVC webcams should all work in theory, but I have experienced big differences in quality. You definitely have to buy either one which someone can confirm is already tested, or check out the wiki here on tonymacx86.

One UVC cam I bought stretched the image top to bottom. A quick test I used was to hold up a round beer-mat :) If it looked round on screen the cam was good. I found one cheap model with a perfect circle but the sound wouldn't work.

The C270 works fine on both counts. Great picture and sound, just not full HD.

:)

I have a C-310. it works plug and Play.

+1 On the Logitech C310.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back