Contribute
Register

HD Graphics 4000 Laptop Brightness Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
here you are, thank you very much for the support!

I just did it. It works fine. Here's what I did:

- I opened the file in MaciASL
- I copied the patch code from your message above to the clipboard
- I clicked Patch, hit Edit.Paste (command+V)
- Apply button is enabled, showing the correct preview
- Hit Apply, then Close, then Compile

Get one error (in original DSDT). Very common TNOT problem. You need this patch in addition:

Code:
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(\\TNOT\) remove_matched;

I followed your instructions but with no success

In the attachment there is a photo that explains my situation

Attachments

• maciASL.jpg
    maciASL.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 209
I followed your instructions but with no success

In the attachment there is a photo that explains my situation

What version of MaciASL do you have? Mine is 1.3 (247).

Your screenshot is weird becuase it says "1 Patch..." when there are actually two patches in the text.

I tried without success:

- MaciASL 1.1
- MaciASL 1.2
- MaciASL 1.3 (246)

I thought it was the last release, where can I find n°247?

I tried with DSDT editor and I solved the problem.....honestly, I don't know why MaciASL doesn't work for me

I tried with DSDT editor and I solved the problem.....honestly, I don't know why MaciASL doesn't work for me

Language setting, perhaps? Try setting your system to US English and see what happens...

Ok, tomorrow I'll try to set US English, at the moment I'm using Italian language

The patched DSDT it's ok, now I'm able to change the display brightness with the slider

First verify that you can compile the DSDT. And MaciASL is better than DSDT Editor, so you should probably be using that...

After you get a compile without errors, you can try this patch to see if you get native brightness slider from Display->SysPrefs:

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

The above is a DSDT "patch", so you apply it with MaciASL using the "Patch" button.

Is this the best method to get a working brightness slider? I have patched my DSDT and got it working. I need to use Blinkscreen to get full brightness before display sleeps. Also, when moving the slider all the way down, my display goes black. Please direct me in the right direction. Thank you.

Is this the best method to get a working brightness slider? I have patched my DSDT and got it working. I need to use Blinkscreen to get full brightness before display sleeps. Also, when moving the slider all the way down, my display goes black. Please direct me in the right direction. Thank you.

The best method currently to get working brightness is:

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

No need for blinkscreen.

Also, black screen when the slider is far left is standard/correct OS X behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back