Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, I got QE/CI working on my Samsung Series 3 Laptop (NP300E5E, Core i3 3120M, 10.8.2)

However, now the brightness seems to be stuck at around 50% with no brightness control.
I read through some threads which didn't have the best instructions, seems like I'll be needing to edit my DSDT file.
I have an unedited DSDT extracted from DSDT editor, not sure where to go to from here.

Thank for any help

So, I got QE/CI working on my Samsung Series 3 Laptop (NP300E5E, Core i3 3120M, 10.8.2)

However, now the brightness seems to be stuck at around 50% with no brightness control.
I read through some threads which didn't have the best instructions, seems like I'll be needing to edit my DSDT file.
I have an unedited DSDT extracted from DSDT editor, not sure where to go to from here.

Thank for any help

First verify that you can compile the DSDT. And MaciASL is better than DSDT Editor, so you should probably be using that...

After you get a compile without errors, you can try this patch to see if you get native brightness slider from Display->SysPrefs:

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

The above is a DSDT "patch", so you apply it with MaciASL using the "Patch" button.

Hmm cant compile it, I get 2 errors, 1 Warning and 6 remarks, same using both DSDT editors

Hmm cant compile it, I get 2 errors, 1 Warning and 6 remarks, same using both DSDT editors

Compress and post your raw DSDT. You must have a clean compile before you even start...

Here's the compressed dsl file, hopefully that's whats needed

Attachments

• System DSDT.7z
    19.3 KB · Views: 178
Zipped up dsl file

Attachments

• System DSDT.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 156
Zipped up dsl file

This patch will fix the problem with _PLD:

Code:
# rehabman:
# _PLD is supposed to return a variable length Package of Buffers

into_all all code_regex (Name\s*\(_PLD,\s*)Buffer(\s\(.*\)[^\)]*) replaceall_matched
begin
%1Package() { Buffer%2}
end;

Do I just click the Patch icon and paste the code?

The Apply button in MaciASL is still disabled so I must be doing something wrong

In DSDT Editor I got it working, now im just left with 6 remarks of "Use of compiler reserved name (_T_0)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back