Motherboard
Acer Aspire E15 E5-572G-525V, (Clover)
CPU
i5 4210M/H86
Graphics
HD4600/nVidia 940M, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've tried to make my HD 4600 mobile work with High Sierra, but so far no dice.

LAPTOP DETAILS : Acer Aspire E15 572G-525V, Core i5 4210M, 12 GB RAM, HD4600 + 940M.

I've attached my config.plist and kext directory here. I haven't patched my DSDT yet.

I've noticed that if I enable "Inject Intel" option under graphic tabs, graphics get all glitched up. If I disable the option, at least mac boots and displays normally but I get no acceleration and VRAM is shown as 7mb.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I haven't yet gotten to DSDT/SSDT patching. Do I need to patch them to get full functionality?

If there's any thing else needed just let me know.

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    16.1 KB · Views: 146
  • kexts.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 89
I've tried to make my HD 4600 mobile work with High Sierra, but so far no dice.

LAPTOP DETAILS : Acer Aspire E15 572G-525V, Core i5 4210M, 12 GB RAM, HD4600 + 940M.

I've attached my config.plist and kext directory here. I haven't patched my DSDT yet.

I've noticed that if I enable "Inject Intel" option under graphic tabs, graphics get all glitched up. If I disable the option, at least mac boots and displays normally but I get no acceleration and VRAM is shown as 7mb.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I haven't yet gotten to DSDT/SSDT patching. Do I need to patch them to get full functionality?

If there's any thing else needed just let me know.

Thanks!

Follow the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I have followed the guide, that's how I was able to install Mac.

Is there anything in particular which I should be looking into?

I have followed the guide

Your config.plist is not from the guide.

Also, your issue is likely because you didn't enable legacy boot/CSM as per guide.

Go back and read the guide carefully. Use recommended plist and kexts. Set BIOS as per guide.

Tried Config.plist from the guide. Display looks glitched but sleeping and waking the laptop seems to fixes that issue

In my bios setting I can either boot with EFI or Legacy. When I enable Legacy boot my HDD is not recognised hence I can't boot into anything.

Mac and windows only work when I select UEFI option.

UPDATE - I came across a post where someone was facing the same issues as mine.

Setting cover GUI to 1024x768 fixes GPU issues.

Got WiFi to work (ath9565).

Trying to get audio to work (alc283) by using AppleHDA, but I might have patched it by mistake, have to see.

Then I'll try for brightness control and battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back