2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My setup is:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5ghz
Gfx Cards: 2x MSI GTX-970 in SLI pair
Other: Samsung 850 SSD, 16GB RAM

Somehow (I can’t remember exactly) I managed to get all my audio outputs running under High Sierra 10.13, including optical out and all my various graphics card sound outputs. Only DisplayPort sound was missing. See screen cap.

After upgrading to 10.13.2 I lost my sound and followed this excellent article to re-enable sound and got only DisplayPort back. I’d love to get my other outputs back but can’t figure out how.

I did finally do my DSDT stuff following this article (Success GA Z170x Gaming 7,6700k,GTX960 with 10.11.5) but it made no difference.

I'm looking for any advice on how I could get my other outputs working. I know it can be done, I’ve got a screen cap of it and can't remember how I did it.

Attached:
- clover.zip
- screen cap of it working with 10.13
- contents of L/E and S/L/E

Attachments

• clover.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 126
  • sle.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 243
  • le.txt
    301 bytes · Views: 197
  • Screenshot 2017-12-17 16.14.49.png
    Screenshot 2017-12-17 16.14.49.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 248
My setup is:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5ghz
Gfx Cards: 2x MSI GTX-970 in SLI pair
Other: Samsung 850 SSD, 16GB RAM

Somehow (I can’t remember exactly) I managed to get all my audio outputs running under High Sierra 10.13, including optical out and all my various graphics card sound outputs. Only DisplayPort sound was missing. See screen cap.

After upgrading to 10.13.2 I lost my sound and followed this excellent article to re-enable sound and got only DisplayPort back. I’d love to get my other outputs back but can’t figure out how.

I did finally do my DSDT stuff following this article (Success GA Z170x Gaming 7,6700k,GTX960 with 10.11.5) but it made no difference.

I'm looking for any advice on how I could get my other outputs working. I know it can be done, I’ve got a screen cap of it and can't remember how I did it.

Attached:
- clover.zip
- screen cap of it working with 10.13
- contents of L/E and S/L/E
Remove the "Creative-CA0132.kext" is not required for AppleALC, also VoodooHDA.kext and HDADisabler.kext if installed.
Add to the Clover config.plist: FixHPET, FixIPIC, FixTMR, FixRTC.

Screenshot shows Voodoo installed
Post ****** for ****** support

Methods supported on this site, AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1

Thank you for your help. I did try Voodoo months ago but it's no longer on the system. (Let me know if you see something other than the screenshot that indicates it's not fully uninstalled.) The screen cap is from an app called "Sound Control" which helps me with devices that don't respond to volume control inside OSX.

The link to the article was helpful. I found a layout ID of 11 worked but... the outputs are labeled in Hindi? (Yes!) See also my response to Wern. I have no idea what's going on here!

Remove the "Creative-CA0132.kext" is not required for AppleALC, also VoodooHDA.kext and HDADisabler.kext if installed.
Add to the Clover config.plist: FixHPET, FixIPIC, FixTMR, FixRTC.

Very helpful, thanks. It now works with a layout ID of 1 right out of the box. Except... the outputs are labeled in Hindi! Apparently "अंतर्निहित आउटपुट" is "built-in output" and "अंतर्निहित डिजिटल आउटपुट" is "built-in digital output". (I've attached a copy of the output from system_profiler SPAudioDataType -xml )

Before I go hunting for it, I'm assuming I've muddled up the AppleALC.kext somehow right?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-12-19 10.03.52.png
    Screenshot 2017-12-19 10.03.52.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 139
  • system_profiler SPAudioDataType -xml .txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 295
Very helpful, thanks. It now works with a layout ID of 1 right out of the box. Except... the outputs are labeled in Hindi! Apparently "अंतर्निहित आउटपुट" is "built-in output" and "अंतर्निहित डिजिटल आउटपुट" is "built-in digital output". (I've attached a copy of the output from system_profiler SPAudioDataType -xml )

Before I go hunting for it, I'm assuming I've muddled up the AppleALC.kext somehow right?
It seems that you've screwed up the AppleHDA.kext. Install the attached AppleHDA, it is from 10.13.1 but same version like 10.13.2.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext_10.13.1_org.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 141
Thank you, that did the trick. I can stop with Hindi lessons now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back