Contribute
Register

Haswell mATX: GA-Z87M-D3H - i7-4770 - GTX 650 TI Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
@slyve,I tried the method but did not solve the problem. Thank you anyway.

My specs are
Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHZ LGA 1150
GA-Z87M-D3H 1.0 F-8 bios
Sandisk SDSSDP 128GB
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
MSIGT640 Graphic card.

Now I am suspecting my memory might be the problem Because all my parts are recomanded by Tonymac except the memory. Could that be a case?
I am not sure yet.

My cpu was defection. I am going through RMA. That's why my system was so unstable.

Just wanted to say thanks : )

I build my z87m-d3h / i5-4430 / Corsair Vengeance 8GB (single DIMM) / Corsair CX500M / Antec 3000 case / Microsoft Keyboard.

My Apple keyboard could not open the BIOS, so I bought a Microsoft 600.

The process went totally trouble free, no boot flags needed. iMessage and iCloud working, did not attempt audio over HDMI.

I just used your settings for everything except Intel CPU Graphics in the BIOS as I am using HD4600.

This is truly easy if you do the research, find a mobo that is well documented, learn the vocabulary of Customacs.

Only thing is PCH in HWMonitor is showing 127 degrees celsius.

Can only obtain an IP from my Airport express via ethernet if I reboot after pulling the cable out. Just re inserting the cable gets me a 169.x.x.x address.

I can live with this if I cannot fix it...

BTW, to the newbies here like me: It was dead simple - i have never used Windows and have never entered a BIOS or put a CPU in a motherboard. It is a little more complicated than taking a Mac apart but very doable.

AHH the possibilities... new hardware decisions to make, like new GPU and RAID cards, a QHD monitor which my MBP can't deliver on. Modding an Apple case, either a G4 MDD or a G5... The possibilities are endless : )

Thank you Mike7060 and the rest of the forum members and TonyMacx86...

Have started a recurring donation

Only thing is PCH in HWMonitor is showing 127 degrees celsius.

I've the same motherboard, but HWMonitor is empty. What did you do to have all values ?

Can only obtain an IP from my Airport express via ethernet if I reboot after pulling the cable out. Just re inserting the cable gets me a 169.x.x.x address.

I can live with this if I cannot fix it...

To fix it I installed the new realtek driver from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

It works very well, no problem.

I've the same motherboard, but HWMonitor is empty. What did you do to have all values ?

To fix it I installed the new realtek driver from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

It works very well, no problem.

I am not really aware of having done anything other than using Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application

I will try that new realtek driver and see if it does the trick.

Another thing is I am not sure if my USB 3.0 is working properly or the USB keys I bought are just slow. But problem is that I can only get a writing speed of 12MB/sec although Blackmagic sometimes show it at 50MB/sec for a split second. The write speeds are fine at 70MB/sec.

I used the generic USB 3.0 in MultiBeast - I guess I should remove it to see if it helps. Just haven't gotten round to doing it.

I'm not using the Generic USB 3 kext in my Thunderball system. IIRC, it's not needed for 8 series motherboards.

If you are still having problems, you could build a DSDT. See the DSDT forum section for good info. http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/

The Realtek driver worked : ) Thank you guys....

The USB 3.0 still is quirky, initial speed 65MB/sec then 28 then 12 then 4MB/sec in Blackmagic. Threw out Generic usb kext - but no luck. I have installed an old USB 2.0 PCI card to make sure it wasn't the USB2 devices on the MOBO USB3 "line" that was messing with the speed.

I used Kext Utility and it repaired permissions but when doing the cache thing it timed out. It said it wasn't fatal.

Don't know what it means or why or even if I should care.

I still need to read up some more on the basics of how the whole Terminal Unix thing works. Always wanted to learn to use Terminal, I can only copy paste and the few things I do with it I sort of understand...

But seriously, how cool is this? I have a Mac Pro with newest chipset and it is blazingly fast compared to my MBP Late 2008, scores 10400 in Geekbench. And it only cost me a third of what I paid for the MBP two years ago. And it was so dead easy.

This is such a great resource and I am so grateful to everyone who makes this whole thing happen. This is Hacking the Mac way. It just works.

And now I can upgrade it to my hearts content (and my Mastercards limit : ))

Even cloning the HDD to my SSD and using Chimera to make it bootable was easy.

I actually enjoy the little USB hickup because it is a learning opportunity : )

I read through the DSDT forum - I am going to download the MaciASL app to see if I can make a DSDT and understand it by myself. I'll check back if I need help.

Sorry for the chattiness - I am just exited I am finally CustoHacking : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back