Contribute
Register

Haswell mATX: GA-Z87M-D3H - i7-4770 - GTX 650 TI Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I did that but it didn't help. I'm still having trouble with my USB wifi adapter.

My answer was in reply to his USB3 kext issue, that doesnt mean it makes your wifi dongle work, its really 2 different things. Id recommend posting details in the Network forum for that.

Have you done a search for the make/model of your adaptor ?

Yes. I'm not sure what the problem is... Here's my post about this problem.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/133477-ga-z87m-d3h-usb-sleep-problems.html

Well maybe a little late in the day to ask you to check the forums before you bought. However, there might be an option, but i certainly cant guarantee anything. There is a usb power patch that can be used on a DSDT file that enables more power to the usb ports. I wonder if that may be of any use to you ? It basically increases the amount of current available for each device connected to any of the usb bus's. Ive used it in my builds before because quite often when using external devices particularly USB3 drives, you get warning messages in the system logs saying there is not enough power as requested from the drive. Im thinking the principle is the same here. As i said, its not guaranteed to fix your sleep issue but if the device power issues are improved and we put a clean dsdt in there it could possibly do the trick.

Let me know if you want to give it a go.

Well maybe a little late in the day to ask you to check the forums before you bought.

I did check the forums before buying... and the thing works, but I get this problem with sleep and not being able to eject the adapter without crashing the USB bus.

It would be great to be able to juice more power into the USBs. Will I be able to charge an iPad? I'd say it'w worth a try! I suppose I can always roll back to no DSDT?

I did check the forums before buying... and the thing works, but I get this problem with sleep and not being able to eject the adapter without crashing the USB bus.

It would be great to be able to juice more power into the USBs. Will I be able to charge an iPad? I'd say it'w worth a try! I suppose I can always roll back to no DSDT?

Yes. DSDT=null as a boot flag effectively removes any effects gained from a DSDT and then you can simply delete or rename the file to make it a permanent change.

To start this off, we need a raw untouched DSDT extract from your machine.

No, but if you provide me with the link of the patch I think I'll be able to manage.

Add pjalm 7 series repo, highlight the patch and change the description for 8 Series instead of 7 (It works on both) and also add the DTGP patch to enable the USB power patch to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back