Contribute
Register

Haswell mATX: GA-Z87M-D3H - i7-4770 - GTX 650 TI Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a build with the same mo-bo using Arc Mini R2 Case, Gigabyte GTX660OC, an i5 brain, 8 GB RAM and an SSD.

Works like a charm, meaning everything - sound, ethernet, TRIM, graphics, App Store and so on :)

How stable is this board for you, I get a lot of freezes, I have few Q's for you
1. why 3rd party data tonymacs build does not use that
2. Network driver on his build in intel hnak , yours is realtek ?
3. your system refs are set as mac pro 5.1, his are 3.1 ?

thanks mike

What do you mean with freezes? I am having a similar problem where some applications just freeze for a few seconds and then resume normally. Is this also what you have? Did you ever find a solution?

How do you disable VT-D? It's greyed out for me. I have an i5 4670k, same mobo, Geforce 650 GTX

System is stable, though I do have some problems with USB devices.

How do you disable VT-D? It's greyed out for me. I have an i5 4670k, same mobo, Geforce 650 GTX

System is stable, though I do have some problems with USB devices.

Owners and users of 'K' processors do not need to make this change - the advice was always aimed at those that purchased a non 'K' processor to use with their build. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Here are my HWMonitor stats ..

Hi avi_31337, I've the same motherboard as you, but I can't get any stats from HWMonitor, except disks temp. Did you modified something to have stats ?

Thanks,

Slyce

i have a question on my mind after checking out many forums i came to know FCP 7 doesnt fully support mavericks. Amazing build but pre installing have anyone checked that if or not FCP 7 works on this build. I m newbie and i really dont know if it does or not. But i would really love to get some help if anyone has this build. I have successfully installed mavericks 10.9 on this very specific build and it works like charm. But the only thing i have to get to the work is FCP 7

Hey, I am thinking of getting this motherboard for a hackintosh.

But since you are disabling VT-d (I read that this is regarding virtualization) does this prevent you from running any virtual machines in Virtualbox, etc on the OS X Host?

Thanks!

To help clear up the whole thing about virtualisation and VT-d etc.

There are 2 types of virtualisation :

VT-x - Intel virtualisation technology, found on pretty much all modern intel based boards. This one can be safely enabled and is the one that helps your virtual machines speed along rather well. You will always be able to enable or disable this, best to keep it enabled unless you have a specific reason not to.

VT-d - Intel virtualisation technology for Directed I/O. This is different to the one above. You will only have this option if you have a non-K processor. If your processor is a 'K' variant you might still see this but it will be greyed out and not selectable. It is this VT-d that stops OSX playing nicely and it is this one you should disable.

So in the end you can still optimise your system for virtual machines using such tools as Parallels, Virtualbox etc.

Check what options are in your bios.

Disable VT-d (If selectable)
Enable VT-x

Job done :)

How did you guys make iMessage working with Z87M-D3H board?
I tried every method posted here still couldn't get it connected..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back