Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also find the instructions extremely confusing.
Invasive procedures are required to enable OSX HDMI audio. If you are not prepared to perform invasive surgery on your system, do not attempt. Fortunately, native OS X products have native HDMI audio.

Confusion is easy. Comprehension requires effort. Examples:
Which ones are the property-type injections? Just GE?
Do you see the words property-type in the attachment? If no, there are no property-type injections. Why would you assume GE is a property-type injection? Incorrect assumption.

My AppleHDA.kext is v2.6.1, does that matter?
No. Why the uncertainty?

I want the HDMI audio from my Graphics card, not onboard HD4600, must I perform the framebuffer edit?
No. Why ask?

I have 6 audio ports so I must choose Audio ID 1, but what am I choosing?
Your choice matches your Audio ID. What is confusing?

Invasive procedures are required to enable OSX HDMI audio. If you are not prepared to perform invasive surgery on your system, do not attempt. Fortunately, native OS X products have native HDMI audio.

I understand the procedures are invasive which is why I am asking for verification on a few things beforehand...

I am putting in the effort to comprehend, but it is difficult when the terminology is unfamiliar to me, and when it is assumed I must know how to do a certain step when I have not come across it before.

Do you see the words property-type in the attachment? If no, there are no property-type injections. Why would you assume GE is a property-type injection? Incorrect assumption.

I must have misinterpreted a thread that was discussing this.

No. Why the uncertainty?

Because in the notes it says:

1. 10.9/AppleHDA.kext_v2.5.2 or 2.5.3 only edit

...not v2.5.2 or later. But can I clarify that I still need to patch this for my GT610?

No. Why ask?

To clarify. Because the required patching for a certain system is ambiguous.

Your choice matches your Audio ID. What is confusing?

You are very cryptic with your replys, what choice? Is the ssdt download I linked to the correct one?

7/17/2014 - 10.9.4 HD4600 HDMI Audio Working
See Post #1

Edit: Ok, so I tried doing note 1, step 1, i backed up the applehda.kext, than patched. screen froze. had to hard shut off and upon restart KP. dang.

Thank you for clearing this up! So would I only need to follow the notes if I'm using 10.9.4 with MB 6.4 using chimera. If this is true, than also which patches do we apply from frame buffer edits. It wasn't clear to me. Patch all of them a through g? Thanks
Notes

1. 8 series/AppleHDA.kext (backup native kext before patching)
    1. 1. 10.9/AppleHDA.kext_v2.5.2 or 2.5.3 only edit
      1. Installed with MultiBeast 6.0 or newer/Realtek ALCxxx Audio
      2. Download (View Raw) - Updated 7/17/2014: audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_v2_patch.command.zip
    2. Installation
      1. Select: Downloads/audio_hdmi_hd5k-hda-.._patch.command
      2. Double Click
      3. Enter Password
  2. 8 series/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext (backup native kext before patching)
    1. 10.9/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits
    2. Installation
      1. Select: Downloads/audio_hdmi_hd5k-azul-.._patch.command
      2. Double Click
      3. Enter Password

No changes in 10.9.4 Azul.
Read Post #1 of the linked thread; what is the result of applying all Azul patches?

i had to boot into safe mode using the chimera recovery usb. will post updates when i patched them all.

Update: ok so I patched a-g azulframebuffer kext successfully as well as the patch to applehda kext using the v2 patch. Was this all I was supposed to need to do for working HDMI audio and multiple displays, functioning hdmi ports? Fortunately Im not getting any more KP's and able to boot into Mavericks normally, but I dont have HDMI audio or capabilities of using the second hdmi port.
If you want me to Use the Problem Reporting methods I can, but i thought I might not need to do that yet if there is more yet to what I needed to do..

Can anyone affirm that the preferred method of installation for haswell using chimera w/ a chameleon.boot.plist would be number 2. Installation - 8 series HDMI audio ssdt.

If this is true than I would like to proceed on with the installation guide but I'm unsure which ssdt.aml file I would choose to download from here. I'm guessing it would be the audio_ssdt-hdmi-nuc_hd5k-1_v2.zip
file since I'm using HD4600 graphics w/o a discrete card. The other choices all say amd/nvidia. I was assuming this meant only for people using these cards. but maybe you copy all of them?.. Thanks again

Also does anyone know how one would select either audio 1 or audio 2 and which is the preffered method here??
It is guide in the Before you start, step 5. Apply kext patches per Notes 1 and 2 and select Audio ID: 1 or 2 per Note 3, below....
8 series HDMI audio works with two Audio IDs

1. Audio_ID: 1 supports HD4600/AMD/Nvidia HDMI and 3, 5 and 6 port ALCxxx onboard audio
  2. Audio_ID: 2 supports HD4600/AMD/Nvidia HDMI and 3 port ALCxxx onboard audio

in post #424 its graphically implied that one can understand how many onboard audio ports there is by visually seeing the picture. Because only HDMI audio is supported I would assume only 2 ports. but this clearly isnt an option. Im going with 1 though because i see where people with my mobo chose this method and it worked. in post #79 it was documented in step 7 of daisukae14's post that 7. Downloaded audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd5k-amd-nvidia-1_v2.zip and unzipped worked for him. I assume this corresponds with audio 1 hence the 1 at the end of the long file name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back