Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Toleda,
Thank you for being so patient. To the best of my knowledge i have followed the guide correctly but have done something incorrectly. I was hoping you could help me out.

1. Mavericks OS X 10.9.4/GA-Z87N-wifi/bios f5/intel i-3-4340/intel HD-4600 graphics
2. The method used was ssdt installation with no location.aml present using Chimera - Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I used audio_id:1
3. Copy of IORegView attachment ioreg.zip
4. Chimera/Chameleon boot.plist, dpci log and ssdt.aml View attachment Chameleon PR.zip

Here are some screen shots of the troubleshooting part View attachment TROUBLESHOOTING SCREENSHOTS.zip

IOReg is an alias, not helpful.
Screenshots show HDMI audio working. What is the problem?
i followed your guide here. I am very sorry the iorig wasn't helpful. I had some issues understanding how to save when there was no save option.
after i drag the ioregistry app to applications and run it how do i save a copy as please?

the issue is NO Hdmi sound output.
2nd hdmi port is not working at all
and there is no dual monitor support

Update: is this what you need?
View attachment IORegistryExplorer.zip

IOReg is an alias, not helpful.
Screenshots show HDMI audio working. What is the problem?

well there is not sound coming from the speakers on tv and the volume is up high. also the one image shows there is no sound settings for it. also 2nd hdmi port is not working at all and there is no dual monitor support
Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 6.06.41 PM.png

I have also been noticing system crashing randomly. especially when messing with the sound. I get the spinning wheel that freezes the system for great lengths and have seen unknown devices for sound output.

20140722_225806.jpg20140722_230108.jpg

IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As...
HDMI audio is working. See Post #1, Before You Start, 1 and 2.

still getting used to osx. didn't know menu bar was not on app and its was on the desktop:banghead:

ioreg View attachment musicmics.ioreg

about Before you start. I understand osx doesn't have native hdmi sound support. But i thought this hack enables the device to have sound. I have no sound coming from the TV. Also i thought the patch allows the 2nd hdmi port to work. It doesn't. And i also thought this method allows for multiple displays. Thats not happening either. And lastly I was running stable before this. Right now I'm getting freezing when trying to run videos and sometimes i have to hard shut down. Idk. i might just have to re-install and forget trying to get this to work. I have seen other people though have success using this method. i have exhausted everything i know how to do. I hope you can help. You have worked hard Toleda and I very much appreciate how you have responded to me and tried to help. Thank you very much for your effort and time! ;)

Ok so I decided to start afresh and see if I would fare better.

Fresh install 10.9.4 using chimera 4.0. MB 6.4 using basic DSDT free settings w/ ALC892 drivers.
did not have an HDAEnabler kext to remove.
only was able to get to first of the prereqs before a fatal kp. I trying rebooting into safe mode to no avail. Looks like im doing another clean install unless someone can help me from beating my head against a brick wall. :banghead:

Right after I applied the patch below everything froze. had to restart and could not even boot even with safe mode.
8 series/AppleHDA.kext (backup native kext before patching)

1. 1. 10.9/AppleHDA.kext_v2.5.2 or 2.5.3 only edit
    1. Installed with MultiBeast 6.0 or newer/Realtek ALCxxx Audio
    2. Download (View Raw) - Updated 7/17/2014: audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_v2_patch.command.zip

2. Installation
    1. Select: Downloads/audio_hdmi_hd5k-hda-.._patch.command
    2. Double Click
    3. Enter Password

Ok so I decided to start afresh and see if I would fare better.
Right after I applied the patch below everything froze.
Deleted a HDMI audio working install.
Note 1. does not apply, MultiBeast 6.4 qualifies as MultiBeast 6.0 or newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back