Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i don't get it. Can i have HDMI audio from GTX 770? I don't want to use motherboard's ports.

Can someone please help me with this guide....I'm a bit lost looking at the instructions in the first post.:crazy:

I have a Asus maximus VI formula with EVGA gtx760, no onboard video card.

I found some pdf with the "instructions"...but it seems way to much for me to understand the steps :( Also, in the pdf it was mentioned Mavericks version 10.9.2, that means that 10.9.3 is not yet supported?

I'm sorry If I seemed a nob, but I really don't understand the instructions :(

Anyone had any luck getting HDMI audio working with 10.9.4?

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte Z87X D3H and and ASUS GT640 for which I'm trying to get HDMI audio to work. I'm on 10.9.4 with working everything but this I think.

On compiling my fresh DSDT i have 8 warnings but all are about PEG and GFX as below;

External (_SB_.PCI0.GFX0.GLID, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved Method, guessing 1 arguments (may be incorrect, see warning above)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GFX0.GSCI, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved Method, guessing 0 arguments (may be incorrect, see warning above)
External (_SB_.PCI0.GFX0.IUEH, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved Method, guessing 1 arguments (may be incorrect, see warning above)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.HPME, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved Method, guessing 0 arguments (may be incorrect, see warning above)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG1.HPME, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved Method, guessing 0 arguments (may be incorrect, see warning above)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG2.HPME, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved Method, guessing 0 arguments (may be incorrect, see warning above)
External (_SB_.TPM_.PTS_, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved Method, guessing 1 arguments (may be incorrect, see warning above)
External (LIDS, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved Method, guessing 0 arguments (may be incorrect, see warning above)

Could this be the reason I am having no luck with HDMI audio? I have attached my DSDT and would appreciate any advice you could give me.

Many thx

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    45.9 KB · Views: 135
Noob alert. I also find the instructions extremely confusing. Running 10.9.3. H87N. Asus GT610.

4. Remove any property-type injection

Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 15.17.18.png

Which ones are the property-type injections? Just GE?

5. Apply kext patches per Notes 1 and 2 and select Audio ID 1 or 2 per note 3

My AppleHDA.kext is v2.6.1, does that matter?

I want the HDMI audio from my Graphics card, not onboard HD4600, must I perform the framebuffer edit? If so, I have AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 at 0x5 port and AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 at 0x6, but how do I know which is HDMI or DVI? Does this mean I must patch with c-Azul? But I have Chimera installed.

I have 6 audio ports so I must choose Audio ID 1, but what am I choosing? For SSDT edit is it the audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd5k-amd-nvidia-1_v2.zip download?

For the experienced I figure these guides are perfectly organised, but for noobs still in the process of learning, the lack of layman's detail is crippling. I understand answering these questions can be frustrating and for that I must apologise.

Teach me! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back