Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda...can you look at this IOJones file I put up a few days ago?

Attachments

• IOJones.iojones
    1 MB · Views: 106
The edit is not installed. Try again. Must rebuild cache before restarting.

Let me try to understand this before getting myself confused lol:

1. I have to edit the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext according to post #25 with HexEdit
2. Install the kext with DPCIManager
3. Then rebuild the cache in DPCIManager

How long does it take to rebuild the cache?

Yes, less than a minute.

This is getting strange now...

I extracted the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext from S/L/E and placed it on my desktop. Opened up HexEdit and made the following changes like you've stated from post #25, not post #1 (I noticed they are two different changes). Save the new file on my desktop, then placed that file in S/L/E Azul.kext/Contents/MacOS folder. After that, opened up DPCIManager to install the kext file. I let the cache rebuild (left the computer alone for about 5 minutes just in case) and then restated the computer. Still no option to change the audio, also I don't see AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext in S/L/E anymore. Attaching my IOJones file.

Attachments

• IOJones.iojones
    999.5 KB · Views: 104
Save the new file on my desktop, then placed that file in S/L/E Azul.kext/Contents/MacOS folder. After that, opened up DPCIManager to install the kext file. I let the cache rebuild (left the computer alone for about 5 minutes just in case) and then restated the computer.
HexEdit the Azul file on your desktop and HexEdit/Save. HexEdit installs the edited binary in the kext. No need to touch it. After the edit you see the edited binary and a backup of the original binary. Have DPCIManager Install Kext/Repair Permissions/Rebuild Cache. The last message of the cache rebuild is no supported helper partitions to update (2 times).

No IOJones.

HexEdit the Azul file on your desktop and HexEdit/Save. HexEdit installs the edited binary in the kext. No need to touch it. After the edit you see the edited binary and a backup of the original binary. Have DPCIManager Install Kext/Repair Permissions/Rebuild Cache. The last message of the cache rebuild is no supported helper partitions to update (2 times).

No IOJones.

You are the greatest!!! Got it to work finally. Thanks again Toleda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back