Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4

I made some SSDTs for Haswell-E with Pike R Alpha's ssdtPRGen. Stock frequency and overclock versions (up to 5 GHz). Rename the correct one to SSDT.aml and put it in /Extra/ (Chimera) or EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched (Clover).

These probably won't help power management just yet, but anyway... Here they are.

BTW - I would recommend at least an overclock to the stock turbo boost frequency, since turbo boost doesn't work without power management so you would be stuck at the base clock otherwise... Should be fine without having to increase the voltage at all. That will bring the geekbench scores a bit too.

Thanks Manic

so i installed your SSDT.aml (stock) then restart normaly. all works fine :)
but what's the differents with or without?
I can't check the speed cpu cause i tried to install Fakesmc plugin and i had a kernerl Panic, So I uninstalled..

Capture d’écran 2014-09-15 à 17.01.24.jpg

at 4,3 ghz without SSDT.

all seems works fine.
i solved my problem of boot without having to use USB installer. (Before installation i formatted the SSD drive with MBR partition)
Wifi (native): is ok.
Bluetooth (native): it does not appear
USB3: ok
HWMONITOR: uninstalled, it causes a kernel panic (too bad i can not control the ratio speed cpu)
internet: ok
Trim: ok

BTW - I would recommend at least an overclock to the stock turbo boost frequency, since turbo boost doesn't work without power management so you would be stuck at the base clock otherwise... Should be fine without having to increase the voltage at all. That will bring the geekbench scores a bit too.

Good call- it's the only way past stock clock.

Looks like you guys have unlocked some of the performance already- keep reporting your Geekbench scores and OC settings.

It seems my Audio Patch has eaten itself. Woke up this morning, booted up, and no sound. I've tried repatching the codec, but no luck. Very odd. Anyone else get ALC1150 up and running with that device ID? I don't see the reason why it doesn't want to work again. Q.Q

Good call- it's the only way past stock clock.

Looks like you guys have unlocked some of the performance already- keep reporting your Geekbench scores and OC settings.
First, I forgot to say a big thanks to Tony and all the community (+Manic & Stinga11+) :clap:

I desactivated Speedstep. important or you lost 3000 points score/
OC really easy for me, i hate touch everythings in the bios, i just up the ratio at 43 and that's all.

Tony, No solution, trik about hwpluginsmonitor ?

For hwmonitor kozlek just needs to add support for the chipset. Until then the only thing that might work is probably the gpusensors.

EDIT: Actually samtimbaud try removing the ACPImonitor plugin from FakeSMC. That should get rid of the kernel panic. It did for me at least when I had the same thing a while back on my Z68. As far as I know the chipset still isn't supported yet though.

You guys might want to try voodoopstate.kext and pstatemenu.app for the time being to see if you can get some sort of power management working.

You guys might want to try voodoopstate.kext and pstatemenu.app for the time being to see if you can get some sort of power management working.

Guys, if you want that the speedstep work maybe should boot with kernel flags (-xcpm). I think that when these CPU have a official support will work with XCPM instead AICPM. But I can be wrong because the Ivy Bridge also works with XCPM but the Ivy Bridge-E only works with AICPM.

I thought xpcm was automatically enabled with Haswell?

I believe if you look in the console log and search for xpcm that may give some insight. -xpcm kernel flag certainly doesn't hurt anything though.

Also it would be helpful to get an lspci -nn or dpci -nn dump from some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back