Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4

Good job stinga11 the first binpatch works- it's much better to use the pre-built kernel with this patch than the compiled version I posted until we have native support.

I made a Ahci injector for X99 motherboard. I leave here for if you want a test. I do not know if it works.

Attachments

• AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 222

I made a Ahci injector for X99 motherboard. I leave here for if you want a test. I do not know if it works.

I would love to give this a test, but in restoring my system, a few of my Utilities have corrupted themselves, so I can't open System Information. Q.Q

Here is the IOReg from my system.

Attachments

• IC's Mac Pro.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 182

It works :)

Screen Shot 2014-09-14 at 11.50.27 AM.png

I would love to give this a test, but in restoring my system, a few of my Utilities have corrupted themselves, so I can't open System Information. Q.Q

Here is the IOReg from my system.

If you can't enter at the system profiler you can type this command in terminal and will create a dump of your system profiler in your Desktop.

/usr/sbin/system_profiler -detailLevel mini > ~/Desktop/System-Profiler.txt

It's great, perfect. Thanks.

samtimbaud did you also try npci=0x3000? Some of the Asus boards in the past have used that instead of npci=0x2000.

samtimbaud did you also try npci=0x3000? Some of the Asus boards in the past have used that instead of npci=0x2000.

Oh yes good idea!! :)

thanks Manic i will try

Arfff doesn't work.

the only solution i found is write this bootflags: nv_disable=1 -f
but my resolution is very big "1024x768".

just in case, i made a IOreg file maybe this can be useful

View attachment Mac Pro de SAM.ioreg

Sounds like the solution was to use no ncpi at all then.

"nv_disable=1" prevents full graphics acceleration. It's the equivalent of deleting nvidia kexts to make sure you get to the installer. If you have mavericks installed, you can get rid of that flag and your graphics should work.

Sounds like the solution was to use no ncpi at all then.

"nv_disable=1" prevents full graphics acceleration. It's the equivalent of deleting nvidia kexts to make sure you get to the installer. If you have mavericks installed, you can get rid of that flag and your graphics should work.

i already tested without npci=0x2000/3000. no result. stuck at grey apple.

AHCI injector success on my end. Was able to reinstall OS X overtop of my existing install and fixed my issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back