Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

64 GB will do for now. Xeon will make for unnecessary complications in my application.

My question (revised) stands:

Has anyone had success building an X99 Hackintosh system with 64 GB?

thanks!

me :)

X99 is only limited to 64 GB because there are no 16 GB DIMMs yet. Once those are available, most X99 boards should be able to use up to 128GB... Although it would cost you about $1k just for the RAM.

I need some help.

Can't get Clover to boot, have tested lot of things but same result, either it boots and shows only black screen, or I get kernel panic.

Is there any special AHCI setting that I would need to know of?

Gigabyte GU-X99-UD4 motherboard with F9c bios, loaded optimized settings, disabled VT. Sometimes it happens that it won't boot either with Uniboot USB, just restarts.

I need some help.

Can't get Clover to boot, have tested lot of things but same result, either it boots and shows only black screen, or I get kernel panic.

Is there any special AHCI setting that I would need to know of?

Gigabyte GU-X99-UD4 motherboard with F9c bios, loaded optimized settings, disabled VT. Sometimes it happens that it won't boot either with Uniboot USB, just restarts.
Had the same issue. Turned out it was a bad hard drive.

dload f9g bios.
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

bootflags for clover to boot a ud4 are npcix2000 (or w/e it is) and ktext-dev...
bootflags to fix audio are NEWWEY disabled and fixhpet enabled

Had the same issue. Turned out it was a bad hard drive.

dload f9g bios.
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

bootflags for clover to boot a ud4 are npcix2000 (or w/e it is) and ktext-dev...
bootflags to fix audio are NEWWEY disabled and fixhpet enabled

Ok, will try with that bios version. Only flags that I had were -v to see what's happening, kext-dev-mode, nvda_drv and npci=0x2000

How does your ACPI settings looks like regarding DSDT and SSDT?

Can you put screenshot of it?

Tnx for your help on this thread Bomerr, I installed mine by following your instructions :)

all haswell-e are limited to address 64GB its in the CPU specification.

X99 is only limited to 64 GB because there are no 16 GB DIMMs yet. Once those are available, most X99 boards should be able to use up to 128GB... Although it would cost you about $1k just for the RAM.

all haswell-e are limited to address 64GB its in the CPU specification.
Didn't know that. I was just going off the mobo specs. 64 GB would be plenty for me anyway, I've only maxed out my 32gb a few times.

Where are you guys finding the 64gb ram sets? Last time I looked the highest for ddr4 was 32gb.

Does anyone with ASUS motherboard managed to get VT-d working? If so, could you please share your config and bios settings?

E.

Does anyone with ASUS motherboard managed to get VT-d working? If so, could you please share your config and bios settings?

E.

Someone else jump in here & correct me if I'm wrong, but VT-d typically causes problems down the line, so most of the build instructions & guides will tell you to disable this in the UEFI/BIOS. So it might be pretty difficult to find someone to help you to get this working....

Someone else jump in here & correct me if I'm wrong, but VT-d typically causes problems down the line, so most of the build instructions & guides will tell you to disable this in the UEFI/BIOS. So it might be pretty difficult to find someone to help you to get this working....

Reversible test-You could enable Vt-d in the BIOS, at the Chimera boot screen use the boot flag dart=0. Just a suggestion and worth a try. If it works as planned, add it to the kernel flags.

Back