Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

If the x99 ssdt is installed, do not install HDAEnabler.kext.
If no x99 ssdt, install HDAEnabler1.kext.
Thanks.

I removed HDAEnabled, set inject ID 1 in clover and enabled FixHDA.
I will try Virtualbox tonight, but the problem that I had on previous tests, because I'm using Genymotion which uses Virtualbox for simulating of Android devices is that it was really slow and sluggish. On i3 iMac it's flying as well as on my machine under Windows, but not on Hackintosh.

I will try to investigate it more to see where is the problem.

Also I noticed that I have a problem with CUDA driver not being able to show itself correctly, it reports that the version is outdated although there is no newer one. When I boot with Uniboot (or some Clover settings that I forgot) then it's working properly and not complaining at all.
I have that some issue with cuda drivers. If you figure out how to fix it let me know.

To Do
Booting without the USB
iMessage
Audio
M2 SSD (rainy day project)

Audio is now working. I installed VoodooHDA.kext (v. 2.8.4) using Multibeast, ran Kext Utility and rebooted. I'm getting sound through Headphones (Green Front) without any obvious distortion. (Thanks, BoomR!)

I installed my M2 SSD drive which enabled me to boot into Windows. The problem was that whenever I did so, it changed my BIOS settings. After I corrected them, I'd get a blinking backslash error which could only fixed by a CMOS reset. Has anyone made this kind of setup work with Multibeast? I suspect that Clover may be the answer but I've been frustrated thus far by it.

I removed the battery, triple checked the XMP switch in the motherboard.
Cleared cmos

NO XMP AVAILABLE!! :banghead:

Don't know what kind of memory you're using but google this phrase.

"ASUS X99-Deluxe not reading XMP profiles from Corsair DDR4 memory kit"

Even if you're not using Corsair, there may be some helpful information there.

Don't know what kind of memory you're using but google this phrase.

"ASUS X99-Deluxe not reading XMP profiles from Corsair DDR4 memory kit"

Even if you're not using Corsair, there may be some helpful information there.

thanks,
my ram is crucial DDR4 2133 but it seems the same issue than Corsair memory.
in my bios XMP is disabled like the first picture on his forum:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answe...ing-xmp-profiles-corsair-ddr4-memory-kit.html

maybe it will be solved with a new Bios.

thanks,
my ram is crucial DDR4 2133 but it seems the same issue than Corsair memory.
in my bios XMP is disabled like the first picture on his forum:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answe...ing-xmp-profiles-corsair-ddr4-memory-kit.html

maybe it will be solved with a new Bios.

Are you able to return the Crucial DDR4 & exchange for another brand of DDR4? I am not having any problems with the XMP - I have G.Skill DDR4 2666/PC4 2133:
http://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-20-231-797

I know that sounds like a lot of problems, but thought it might be worth mentioning....??

I think the red color is what makes the XMP work... LOL
:mrgreen:

If the x99 ssdt is installed, do not install HDAEnabler.kext.
If no x99 ssdt, install HDAEnabler1.kext.

Last night I migrated my old account and applications, not systems settings and sound stopped working.

So I tried today with restoring original AppleHDA.kext and doing whole procedure more than once but without any success.

I have codec, I have layout-id, I have devices in sound output but as soon as I try to play music it just hangs.

For example I click on youtube video and it's not starting playing at all, just hangs on 0:00, but if I change output to usb headset, everything is working properly.

What am I doing wrong?

Scripts are not reporting any errors.

Tried method with plist file and 100.command as well as other one x99 command and 100 command.

:banghead:

set inject ID 1 in clover and enabled FixHDA.
Back to 2 Audio ID injections, why?
If no audio, x99 ssdt/HDEF failure. Attach IOReg with ssdt injection only.

samtimbaud, I seem to recall in the early days of this thread you had some trouble getting Yosemite installed. Do you think that might have been because of the large memory?

Do you have any special advice to someone building a system with memory beyond 32 GB?

thanks

Are you able to return the Crucial DDR4 & exchange for another brand of DDR4? I am not having any problems with the XMP - I have G.Skill DDR4 2666/PC4 2133:
http://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-20-231-797

I know that sounds like a lot of problems, but thought it might be worth mentioning....??

I think the red color is what makes the XMP work... LOL
:mrgreen:

I have the red G.Skill memory, too. It turned my life around. ;)

Back