Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

ALC1150 for X99 does not work via conventional methods (HDAEnabler.dylib) at the moment. Toleda's AppleHDA patch requires a functioning bootloader. In order to use Chimera to boot on the X99 platform, you must clone your OS X install to a MBR partitioned disk. Carbon Copy Cloner will do this for you, you simply need a spare disk. Clone your install to the spare disk, then boot into that, repartition your main drive to a MBR HFS+ volume, and clone back. Then Chimera should work. Toleda posted a few posts in the other thread about how to use DSDT edits and the HDAEnabler.kext to allow functioning ALC1150 HDA with a binary patch, but VoodooHDA from the Sourceforge repository also supports X99 thanks to Stinga11 and Slice. I am using that right now under Mavericks. Haven't tried under Yosemite, but I can't imagine it won't work. Just make sure you adjust the input gain in VoodooHDA Settings or you'll get a nasty buzz out of your speakers.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=355&view=findpost&p=42432

The http://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/ don't has the lastest version of voodoohda. The version that has the patch for x99 is the 2.8.7 You can download from original thread on the projectosx. I leave the link above I hope that anyone don't delete this link.

I think the Sourceforge repository has been merged. That's where I pulled mine from, and it works very well. Perhaps I'll update with that link and see if it works better. Thanks again.

I think the Sourceforge repository has been merged. That's where I pulled mine from, and it works very well. Perhaps I'll update with that link and see if it works better. Thanks again.

Yes the repository has been merged but the download section is not yet updated.

To get audio work, this info in this post may help.

An uh, interesting finding. When I use Mac Pro 6,1 SMBios, I get no display. When I use the 3,1 SMBios, it's fine. Could be an issue with me running 2 cards, but I'll be sticking with 3,1 for now.

Guys do your X99-UD4's manage to boot from your hard disk ok?
I'm still using the USB for boot at the moment.

Cheers,
Jamie

I am using the newest Clover to boot without any issue.

Yosemite Hackintosh Note

Gigabyte X99 UD4
Intel i7-5820k
Gigabyte GTX970G1
DELL U2414h *3

BIOS settings:
Load default
vt-d off
AHCI

Kernel Patch:
installation: sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
post-installation: cp -R /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/

Boodloader:
installation: unibeast 5.0.1
post-installation: clover v2k r2953

Boot flags:
installation: -v -x -f npci=0x2000 cpus=0 nv_disable=1
post-installation: npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1

Drivers:
Nvidia Webdriver 343.01.01f01
VoodooHDA 2.8.6

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10:
VoodooTSCSYNC (Extra)
ALL kexts from unibeast folder

Attachments

• Snip20141018_1.png
    Snip20141018_1.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 373

Yosemite Hackintosh Note

Gigabyte X99 UD4
Intel i7-5820k
Gigabyte GTX970G1
DELL U2414h *3

BIOS settings:
Load default
vt-d off
AHCI

Kernel Patch:
installation: sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
post-installation: cp -R /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/

Boodloader:
installation: unibeast 5.0.1
post-installation: clover v2k r2953

Boot flags:
installation: -v -x -f npci=0x2000 cpus=0 nv_disable=1
post-installation: npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1

Drivers:
Nvidia Webdriver 343.01.01f01
VoodooHDA 2.8.6

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10:
VoodooTSCSYNC (Extra)

Interesting to see that you have gtx970 graphics card, I'm planning on buying it. Does it work flawless in Yosemite?

Congratz on yosemite working btw! I have asus x99-a motherboard so I might have problems with yosemite right now.

cheers!
Alex

Yosemite Hackintosh Note

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10:
VoodooTSCSYNC (Extra)

Could you share your Clover install "Customize" options? My current install is on an MBR disk, but I'll be upgrading to an SSD once again tomorrow, and if I can get Clover going, that would be great.
Thanks.
-IC

We're close to having fixed BIOSes for Legacy GUID boot from ASUS and Gigabyte- stay tuned. :D

Back