Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

Thanks for the speedy reply, Tony. It seams like you recommend just adding a "10.10" the folder to the Clover/kexts/ over using Multibeast and kexts-dev-mode. I'll try that first.

That is the way Clover is designed to work. They are vastly different methods and although installing things with MultiBeast is convenient, it might not work the way you want because it wasn't designed for use with Clover. Anyhow- enjoy.

Interestingly, I cannot even get into the bootloader. I've installed just as instructed, and when I boot to "UEFI OS" am I greeted with a black screen with a flashing underscore. No Clover, no nothing. Just stays there too, it's been going for about a minute. Any advice? I can still boot via the Unibeast key with Chimera, but no dice on Clover...

EDIT:

Attempting a fix. Now into the bootlader - CsmVideoDxe was the issue.

EDIT2:

Booting yields a black screen, similar to the one we get with an incompatible kernel. Power button instantly turns off the computer. Going to try verbose...

-
10733570_10152703059728213_2010996603_n.jpg

This is the same error I was receiving under Mavericks. Also, Clover has removed my ability to enter Boot Select or the BIOS on my board. I have to reset CMOS in order to be able to enter either of those.

Interestingly, I cannot even get into the bootloader. I've installed just as instructed, and when I boot to "UEFI OS" am I greeted with a black screen with a flashing underscore. No Clover, no nothing. Just stays there too, it's been going for about a minute. Any advice? I can still boot via the Unibeast key with Chimera, but no dice on Clover...

EDIT:

Attempting a fix. Now into the bootlader - CsmVideoDxe was the issue.

EDIT2:

Booting yields a black screen, similar to the one we get with an incompatible kernel. Power button instantly turns off the computer. Going to try verbose...

-
View attachment 108112

This is the same error I was receiving under Mavericks. Also, Clover has removed my ability to enter Boot Select or the BIOS on my board. I have to reset CMOS in order to be able to enter either of those.

You used the boot arg ???(slide=0)

Believe I tried that previously, but I will give it a shot again now. Thanks.

EDIT:

Same issue with boot flag: slide=0

Also doesn't work with another value in place of 0, such as slide=1, slide=100. Very odd.

Yosemite Hackintosh Note

Gigabyte X99 UD4
Intel i7-5820k
Gigabyte GTX970G1
DELL U2414h *3

BIOS settings:
Load default
vt-d off
AHCI

Kernel Patch:
installation: sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
post-installation: cp -R /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/

Boodloader:
installation: unibeast 5.0.1
post-installation: clover v2k r2953

Boot flags:
installation: -v -x -f npci=0x2000 cpus=0 nv_disable=1
post-installation: npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1

Drivers:
Nvidia Webdriver 343.01.01f01
VoodooHDA 2.8.6

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10:
VoodooTSCSYNC (Extra)
ALL kexts from unibeast folder

You have fully working Audio on the Gigabyte UD4? How did you do that? I also installed VoodooHDA 2.8.6, but i got only front audio working. And theres a terrible loud noise in the background....

Also, does sleep and wake work for you? Sleeping works perfect, but everytime i wake the system, it ends up with black screen.

You have fully working Audio on the Gigabyte UD4? How did you do that? I also installed VoodooHDA 2.8.6, but i got only front audio working. And theres a terrible loud noise in the background....

Also, does sleep and wake work for you? Sleeping works perfect, but everytime i wake the system, it ends up with black screen.

the loud noise is fixable when you lower input gains - go to preferences -> (at the bottom) voodoo and set all input gains to 0

the loud noise is fixable when you lower input gains - go to preferences -> (at the bottom) voodoo and set all input gains to 0

Ok thx, that's working. Is there any way to save this setting? It's a little bit uncomfortable to set it after each boot.

and still, theres only the front audio working, do you have any ideas?

Use the VoodooHDA 2.8.7 from the official thread. Stinga11 linked it a few pages back. As far as the annoying buzz, I'm yet to find a real fix for it. There is an app called "VoodooHDASettingsLoader" that you can set to run at startup, and it will do it for you. I have it installed from when I ran the package file from the Sourceforge repository.

Use the VoodooHDA 2.8.7 from the official thread. Stinga11 linked it a few pages back. As far as the annoying buzz, I'm yet to find a real fix for it. There is an app called "VoodooHDASettingsLoader" that you can set to run at startup, and it will do it for you. I have it installed from when I ran the package file from the Sourceforge repository.

Uses the voodoohda prefpane and low the volume of the all inputs.

I have Yosemite running on:

Gigabyte x99 UD4 (UEFI Only mode)
I7-5820K (Overclocked to 4 GHz)
GTX 780 (don't need web drivers)
4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666 (XMP Profile 1)
Unibeast install, Clover post install (Thanks to jackie099)

Observations - with CPU=1, expect installation to go slow. I think it was about 30 min for me. Other than that, everything went pretty smoothly.

So far a few problems:

1) Restart either hangs or cold boots. Have to power down instead. Not sure if this is a BIOS issue or perhaps Clover setting can resolve. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2) With speedstep enabled, only goes to 3.3 GHz. Anyone have an SSDT for 4 GHz that will at least give me 2 states (low clock and full 4 GHz)?

3) No sound, but I use Bose Soundlink anyway and have a USB audio device for headphones.

4) Generic ethernet and sata controllers in system info. Anyone have modified kexts for either?

5) Have not tried iMessage yet but will once I get all my SMBIOS and UUID stuff all verified.

Last question, anyone have a good guide for Clover Configurator? I've searched a lot of forums and sites and didn't come up much. I am not sure what to do after I edit the settings and save to config.plist. It doesn't appear to automatically overwrite the existing file so the changes are not applied after I reboot. What do I do after saving the new config.plist?

Back