Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

Managed to get to the installation screen on my X99 build, specs are below:

ASUS X99 Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core i7 5930k
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
Crucial DDR4 2133MHz

Patched the Kernel using these commands:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Booted with: -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000

Installing now, hopefully all goes well.

Managed to get to the installation screen on my X99 build, specs are below:

ASUS X99 Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core i7 5930k
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
Crucial DDR4 2133MHz

Patched the Kernel using these commands:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Booted with: -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000

Installing now, hopefully all goes well.

Cool buddy!
i test..

Hi samtimbaud & everyone,

I can confirm this solution is working on BOTH

Asus X99-Deluxe @ 5960X !!!PLEASE READ UPDATE BELOW!!!
Gigabyte X99-UD7 @ 5820K

The only kernel flag needed is: npci=0x2000

Regards,

Marius

Last edited:

Got stuck on the installation process. Installer hung at the 11-10 minute mark. Won't go any further, any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi samtimbaud & everyone,

I can confirm this solution is working on BOTH

Asus X99-Deluxe @ 5960X
Gigabyte X99-UD7 @ 5820K

The only kernel flag needed is: npci=0x2000

Regards,

Marius
Ok Marius thank you.
so you type only npci=0x2000 without cpus=1 ? so i suppose you have installed Voodoosync in the unibeast, right?

Only npci=0x2000 impossible

Got stuck on the installation process. Installer hung at the 11-10 minute mark. Won't go any further, any ideas on how to fix this?

Nevermind this, I managed to get it to install fully, it just hangs a bit for a couple minutes.

Nevermind this, I managed to get it to install fully, it just hangs a bit for a couple minutes.

do you have a specialy settings in the asus bios guys?

Thanks guys, one more question - my Audio isn't working its an ALC1150 Realtek, I installed ALC1150 on Multibeast but no luck, also tried VoodooHDA. Can anyone offer me any advice how I can make this work please?

ALC1150 for X99 does not work via conventional methods (HDAEnabler.dylib) at the moment. Toleda's AppleHDA patch requires a functioning bootloader. In order to use Chimera to boot on the X99 platform, you must clone your OS X install to a MBR partitioned disk. Carbon Copy Cloner will do this for you, you simply need a spare disk. Clone your install to the spare disk, then boot into that, repartition your main drive to a MBR HFS+ volume, and clone back. Then Chimera should work. Toleda posted a few posts in the other thread about how to use DSDT edits and the HDAEnabler.kext to allow functioning ALC1150 HDA with a binary patch, but VoodooHDA from the Sourceforge repository also supports X99 thanks to Stinga11 and Slice. I am using that right now under Mavericks. Haven't tried under Yosemite, but I can't imagine it won't work. Just make sure you adjust the input gain in VoodooHDA Settings or you'll get a nasty buzz out of your speakers.

UPDATE

After a couple of reboots, the Asus X99-Deluxe stalls just like reported by samtimbaud. It seems as if some corruption is happening to the OS. It could be the 5960X causing the trouble. Can anyone confirm it working on Gigabyte?

My second config (5820K @ X99-UD7) is running like a dream...

Regards,

Marius

UPDATE

After a couple of reboots, the Asus X99-Deluxe stalls just like reported by samtimbaud. It seems as if some corruption is happening to the OS. It could be the 5960X causing the trouble. Can anyone confirm it working on Gigabyte?

My second config (5820K @ X99-UD7) is running like a dream...

Regards,

Marius

I feel less lonely :wave:

Back