Clover Config:
FixHDA DISABLED
NewWay DISABLED [NEWWAY BREAKS AUDIO]

Steps:

SSDT installed EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Reboot

Run the x99 command
Run the realtek command

*Permissions were repaired with Disk Utility and cache was rebuilt after each command (might not be required)

View attachment 113806

Copied the files to the right paths and it worked OOTB. Thank you for sharing your files. :thumbup:

Update: Not sure if intentional, but the kext also works for Audio over DP. Works like a charm.

Last edited:
Hello There People, below I have mentioned my hardware config can you guys please say if it will run Mac on it.

Specs:

Asus x99 Deluxe
Gigabyte GTX 970
16GB DDR4
Samung 840 Evo 120GB

Please Help, Thanks!!

10.10.5 update went fine on my machine. FileNVRAM still giving me errors, but I'll get it sorted later. Simple as always - run Combo update on system drive from my CCC backup, patch kernel in place, then remove the FileNVRAM.kext. Booted straight up, I booted -v (verbose) just in case. However, replacing FileNVRAM.kext is causing a crash on startup. Will dig a bit deeper after work tonight.

-IC

Hi. Im trying to patch the kernel i used the same code as
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
However the output of terminal keeps saying
Code:
sh-3.2# sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
Can't open /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel: No such file or directory
any ideas?

In the new open sources kernel, Apple added support for Haswell-E but is only in the open sources kernel in the Vanilla kernel support is still absent.

So does this mean that sleep/wake and CPU power management work for Haswell-E if using the open source kernel?

i switched as you said on the motherboard:
TPU: “TPU_II: CPU BCLK and Ratio Boost"
EZ_XMP: enabled
SLI/XFire: set for 2 Crossfire cards
EPU: disabled
Over-voltage jumper: untouched

but the speedstep doesn't works. i stay without, it doesn't matter..

View attachment 112615

I'm new to the overclocking game. I've been using the Asus's EZ Tuning Wizard and clocked it to just shy of 3.8Ghz. However when I run GeekBench or Cinebench, it reports my processor as running at the native clock speed of 3GHz.

Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 6.27.48 PM.png

Is this because I have all the hardware switches at default?

From my reading, I am under the impression that it would be best for me to perform a CMOS rest before changing the setting for the hardware switches?

Also I have already saved my overclocking profiles onto a flash drive.. would it be a good idea (after performing the CMOS reset and changing settings on the hardware switches) to load my profiles back in?

Or should I start from the non-overclocked profile I initially used when loading OS X and redo my over clock settings thru EZ Tuning Wizard, since the changes wight he hardware switches will result in different voltages?

Edit: would I see any improvement chaning my system definition from Mac Pro 3,1 to 6,1?

My specs are: 5960X, Asus X99-A, 64GB Crucial 2400MHz and any thoughts, suggestions, comments, tips would be greatly appreicated!

@jbamford:

is ur USB drive named USB??? or u gave it some other name but forgot to change it?

Hardware:

5960x
MSI MPower X99S
2x 500GB SSD Crucial MX200
M.2 Samsung 256GB SSD
64GB Crucial Ram
GTX Titan X and Geforce 210 for Pre Installation

Hey Guys,

i'm sitting here for 2 day's, trying to install Yosemite on my system. I tried the http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/155041-x99-uefi-clover-yosemite-mavericks.html and http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html. No success. After Booting the Clover Bootloader, i'm getting a Black Screen with the white Apple with loading bar, without reaction and my system restarts.

Bootflags:
kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1
and i tried many different combinations etc. ;-(
any one any idea ;-(

that's so sad. it looks like the it is impossible to get the MSI MPower X99 to run.

I have the MSI X99A SLI Plus and was successful using this guide, give it a try it might work for you.
https://youtu.be/CjMXkB2wMWE

Beast Pro:
MSI X99A SLI PLUS
i-7 5820K
EVGA GTX 980
32GB RAM

Clover Install v2.3 r3259: These are the checked boxes that I used for the installation.

Install for UEFI booting only
Install for Clover in the ESP

Theme
BootCamp

Drivers64UEFI
OsxAptioFixDrv-64

Clover Configurator v 4.24.0

Boot flags used:

Installation:
-v -x -f npci=0x2000 cpus=0 nv_disable=1
Post Installation:
npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1

Sudo Commands:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/UniBeast/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Post Installation:

cp -R /Volumes/UniBeast/System/Library/Kernels/kernel/Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/

@jbamford

Wrong Sudo Commands....

Correct Sudo Commands below:

Change out UniBeast for the name of your USB drive.

Installation

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/UniBeast/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Post Installation:

cp -R /Volumes/UniBeast/System/Library/Kernels/kernel/Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/

Back