Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Anybody able to get Gigabyte's GC Thunderbolt 2 card to successfully work in OS X with any Thunderbolt peripherals other than displays?

I've been battling it out with a GA-X99-UD4 and so far have only had success in Windows. I've done plenty of other builds with z77-97 series mobos and have had success with all including a couple Asus Z97 builds with their ThunderboltEx II cards..

Any insight as to how I may acheive Thunderbolt functionality with this current X99-UD4 build, so that I may use it with my TB drive and audio interface?

board: Ga-x99-ud4
bios: F9g

files:

from toleda:
Ssdt.aml
audio_alc_x99-hda-100-patch.command
audio_realtekalc-100.command

from stinga11:
Caches_rebuild.command*

clover config:
fixhda disabled
newway disabled [newway breaks audio]

steps:

ssdt installed efi/clover/acpi/patched

reboot

run the x99 command
run the realtek command

*permissions were repaired with disk utility and cache was rebuilt after each command (might not be required)

View attachment 113806

confirmed working with asus x99 deluxe
thanks toleda
thanks bomer
thanks tonymacx86

Hardware:

5960x
MSI MPower X99S
2x 500GB SSD Crucial MX200
M.2 Samsung 256GB SSD
64GB Crucial Ram
GTX Titan X and Geforce 210 for Pre Installation

Hey Guys,

i'm sitting here for 2 day's, trying to install Yosemite on my system. I tried the http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/155041-x99-uefi-clover-yosemite-mavericks.html and http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html. No success. After Booting the Clover Bootloader, i'm getting a Black Screen with the white Apple with loading bar, without reaction and my system restarts.

Bootflags:
kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1
and i tried many different combinations etc. ;-(
any one any idea ;-(

that's so sad. it looks like the it is impossible to get the MSI MPower X99 to run.

confirmed working with asus x99 deluxe
thanks toleda
thanks bomer
thanks tonymacx86

Could anyone that made a successful build share the patched kernel and config.plist?

The patch doesn't work on my build. Always stuck at PCI Configuration begins.

I was also getting the KP on loading BT on my setup. Go to your BIOS and disable the Serial COM port. It should load the kext just fine after that is disabled.

AWESOME worked for me with an Asus X99-A.. thanks!

Hi, I'm new in this forum and it is a pleasure for me to be part of this large community.
I would like to create a new pc with CPU i7-5820k.

Which motherboard you recommended to me to have a configuration compatible to 100% or almost?

I prefer Asus, but I accept any suggestion

thanks

Thank you guys !! That Serial Com port was the problem for me too !

Has anyone been successful with the ASRock workstation boards (X99 WS, X99 WS-e)? Seems like there have been some success stories with the Asus workstation boards, but I have not seem similar successful builds with the ASRock boards.

Has anyone been successful with the ASRock workstation boards (X99 WS, X99 WS-e)? Seems like there have been some success stories with the Asus workstation boards, but I have not seem similar successful builds with the ASRock boards.

probably not ASrock X99 WS, X99 WS-e. here is a guild for asrock x99 killer mothboard i followed and everything works fine maybe except the native power management.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...killer-gtx-980-i7-5820k-update-10-10-2-a.html

Hey guys, I'm trying to install my first hackintosh and I'm a bit stuck. I managed to get to installation welcome screen following the instructions in the first post. But then when I go to Disk Utility I can't see my SSD at all, only the USB stick. SSD is connected to SATA6G_1 and SATA Controller 1 is in AHCI mode.

Thanks all!

Asus X99-A Intel LGA2011-3
Intel Core i7-5820K 3,3 GHz LGA2011-3
Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5
Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500 GB 2.5" SATA3

Back