nvidia GT640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Community,

As a long time osx86 and Tonymacx86 user I would like to ask for your help.
My current rig runs Yosemite fine, I have only two problems (maybe they are related).
01. I can't enable hardware video acceleration in VLC (or in Movist). If I do I receive an error message: VLC quit unexpectedly.

However if I convert the video to a Quicktime compatible file, I can play the newly created video in Quicktime with 4-5% CPU usage (VLC plays the file with a 24% CPU usage). However in this case the VTDecoderXPCservice eats 22%. I think it does the heavy lifting for Quicktime.

If I install CUDA it breaks Quicktime and gives me the same error as VLC.
The checker gives me this error:

VDADecoderChecker ; exit;
[17:04:14.594] vtDecompressionDuctCreate signalled err=-8973 (err) (Could not select and open decoder instance) at /SourceCache/CoreMedia_frameworks/CoreMedia-1562.19/Sources/VideoToolbox/VTDecompressionSession.c line 1181
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
logout

02. Some webpages (often with video) fail in Safari: Safari Web content quit unexpectedly. Chrome and Firefox aren't affected.

I attach screenshots and the debug logs are located here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzsrnbzucy8fdcp/safarifail.doc?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lskqfh47qmnvzdy/vlcfail.doc?dl=0

What can cause these problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Machine:
Core i5 with working power management
currently I'm using MacBookPro10,1 in smbios.
GT640 with nvidia web driver (power management also works), Graphicsenabler=No.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 16.40.48.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 16.40.48.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 371
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 16.39.53.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 16.39.53.png
    39 KB · Views: 302
After I changed smbios to imac13,1 the Safari and VLC (I can enable Hardware Acceleration) error disappeared.
But the DVA doesn't seem to be working, the cpu usage is the same as before and the VDAchecker gives me this error:

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
[18:28:59.186] vtDecompressionDuctCreate signalled err=-8973 (err) (Could not select and open decoder instance) at /SourceCache/CoreMedia_frameworks/CoreMedia-1562.19/Sources/VideoToolbox/VTDecompressionSession.c line 1181
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
logout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back