Contribute
Register

Haptic/momentum scrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that's a dream come true :D great work sir :D didn't know about this until now and i have been using Hackintosh for a while...

i know this might sounds stupid but i'm wondering if there is an option to enable that rubber effect on the entire system you know when scrolling to the top or botton of a window (finder or web browser etc) like on real mac.. i really love that effect too you know :)

So how do i install this kext.. should i uninstall Logitech Control Center 3.9.1 and smart scroll or can i keep at least logitech software..

i know this might sounds stupid but i'm wondering if there is an option to enable that rubber effect on the entire system you know when scrolling to the top or botton of a window (finder or web browser etc) like on real mac.. i really love that effect too you know :)

No.

So how do i install this kext.. should i uninstall Logitech Control Center 3.9.1 and smart scroll or can i keep at least logitech software..

Logitech software has nothing to do with PS2 trackpad.

I download OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller-master zip and where do i go from there.. a bit confusing regarding these steps..
cp ./ProBook/Trackpad-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
cp ./ProBook/Keyboard-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Read carefully. The copying of Info.plist is only "For versions 1.8.0, 1.8.1, and 1.8.2, ProBook users not using kozlek's branch of FakeSMC". Current version is 1.8.13.

damn thats really sad news for me mate :( how come no body care about that effect and have it added not even smart scroll software :( after all these years...

I mean for me at leas it complete the mac experience) along with the momentum scrolling.. feels otherwise like a regular pc browsing...

is there a way to enable that rubber effect (finder window, safari etc) on 10.9.5 or 10.10 ?
i can even donate money if that would make it possible for the next update or upgrade of the kext.

damn thats really sad news for me mate :( how come no body care about that effect and have it added not even smart scroll software :( after all these years...

It is not that no one cares. It is that Apple doesn't document the interfaces for multi-touch. And the Synaptics firmware has a very poor multi-touch implementation anyway.

I mean for me at leas it complete the mac experience) along with the momentum scrolling.. feels otherwise like a regular pc browsing...

is there a way to enable that rubber effect (finder window, safari etc) on 10.9.5 or 10.10 ?
i can even donate money if that would make it possible for the next update or upgrade of the kext.

If you want that effect that badly, purchase an Apple computer.

It is not that no one cares. It is that Apple doesn't document the interfaces for multi-touch. And the Synaptics firmware has a very poor multi-touch implementation anyway.
sry i didn't know that..
If you want that effect that badly, purchase an Apple computer.
No its not worth it.. I'm better of buying a magic mouse or a trackpad.. or won't that give the same effect on Hackintosh like on mac anyway ?

...I'm better of buying a magic mouse or a trackpad.. or won't that give the same effect on Hackintosh like on mac anyway ?

If you can get bluetooth to work reliably...

indeed :( anyway i've installed the kext now but there is no momentum scrolling? in safari or other browser ?
how can i test if i did something wrong..

was nothing i had moved the kext from the folder..

but yeah still no smooth scrolling??

there you go..

Attachments

• DR’s logitech mx performance.ioreg
    6.1 MB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back