Register

Haptic/momentum scrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
there you go..

From your bootlog:
Code:
0:643  0:000  BrandString = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz

You seem to be confused about the nature of your hardware.

Observation:
- does not appear to be an HP ProBook
- does not appear to be a laptop
- unlikely it has a Synaptics PS2 trackpad
- appears to be a desktop, with no PS2 port
- appears to be running Yosemite 10.10, not Lion

Why are you posting a desktop question in a forum specific to "Lion Laptop Support -> HP ProBook 4530s"?

10-30-2014, 04:33 AM #30

Quote Originally Posted by daviddx
would like to have this in mavericks 10.9.5 guys.. any ideas no 3rd party programs.. no developer that can figure out how to enable smoth scrolling in no magic apple mouse.. I have logitech mx performance and would love to have smooth scrolling please guys any ides ????
Momentum scroll was implemented a long time ago: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
Why are you posting a desktop question in a forum specific to "Lion Laptop Support -> HP ProBook 4530s"?
dude i was only asking about how to enable momentum scrolling and clearly you haven't paid attention to my profile that state what kind of hardware i have etc and what system i want to use that momentum scrolling with :)

dude i was only asking about how to enable momentum scrolling and clearly you haven't paid attention to my profile that state what kind of hardware i have etc and what system i want to use that momentum scrolling with :)

Dude...

You're posting in the "Lion Laptop Support > HP ProBook 4530s" forum. Unless you have an HP ProBook, your question/posts are off-topic here.

Desktop questions should be posted in the appropriate desktop forum.

well i searched for momentum scrolling and happened to se some answers in this thread about that and since you replayed to my question i figured you understod what i was after..

anyway now that you know what i need help with.. is there something you know of that could help enable momentum scrolling with my logitech mx performance?

sry for the off topic then again i could post the same question in the desktop forum..

p.s i don't know if it called momentum scrolling or smooth scrolling or what ever the right term is.. maybe inertia scrolling

well i searched for momentum scrolling and happened to se some answers in this thread about that and since you replayed to my question i figured you understod what i was after..

anyway now that you know what i need help with.. is there something you know of that could help enable momentum scrolling with my logitech mx performance?

sry for the off topic then again i could post the same question in the desktop forum..

I have a Logitech m705. It works as one would expect a mouse to work... The M705 has a scroll wheel that continues to roll after you release it (that is, there is physical momentum going on here).

The kind of scroll momentum people usually talk about is for multi-touch trackpads such as those included in Apple's products.

That's all I know.

I was just after this effect when scrolling like in this video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujdtC2aLcvo

what ever its called or people like to call it i would love to have that on the (finder windows and web browser windows) but apparently its impossible unless i have stupid magic mouse or trackpad..
if they just where ergonomics as the logitech mx mouse then would had bought it yeas ago but since its apple and their stupid stubborn ass..
i guess i'm stuck with this stupid dream.. i would never buy a real mac either since it seams that wouldn't help anything since there is no way to use the logitech mouse and still have the same effect from the magic mouse etc.. logitech is offering a limited driver also :/

i guess smart scroll is doing a fine jobb enabling this effect on finder windows.. but then again it feels like the battery on the logitech dies faster.. and i have to buy a new licens every year or so :p

for now this will do for the browser: http://manos.malihu.gr/jquery-custom-content-scroller/
and
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...hpcanbeojalbkpgpmjpdkjnkfcgfkhb/related?hl=en

I was just after this effect when scrolling like in this video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujdtC2aLcvo

That video is an advertisement for a specific chrome addon. One which doesn't work very well, btw.

what ever its called or people like to call it i would love to have that on the (finder windows and web browser windows) but apparently its impossible unless i have stupid magic mouse or trackpad..
if they just where ergonomics as the logitech mx mouse then would had bought it yeas ago but since its apple and their stupid stubborn ass..
i guess i'm stuck with this stupid dream.. i would never buy a real mac either since it seams that wouldn't help anything since there is no way to use the logitech mouse and still have the same effect from the magic mouse etc.. logitech is offering a limited driver also :/

It works if you have real Apple multi-touch hardware.

anyway thanks for the replies and your time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back