Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, it does not work well for Nvidiaweb driver, also HD5xx/6xx + NV GPU, GVA decoder does supported and not work, but when using Haswell GT1/GT2 + NV GPU + native NV kext, VDADecoder work correctly.

Attached pngs are the results of Celeron 1840 + Haswell GT1 + NV GT730.
Hm, just a thought here: Injecting Intel HD530 with connectorless platform id, but using FakeID GFX of Haswell? Probably not working, I dont have a true grasp of how these things work, just throwing it in here...;)

Well, obviously a bad idea - kernel panic on boot - just HAD to try it :)

Last edited:
Injecting Intel HD530 with connectorless platform id, but using FakeID GFX of Haswell

Seems to be impossible, also NV web driver did not had IOVARenderID and IOVARenderSubID for Maxwell and Pascal, now iMac.kext not work, offline GVA will not work. May be have a chance to test when NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2 is release.

Almost sure IQSV will never fully work with HD5xx/6xx + NV GPU configuration, IQSV encoder should work.

Seems to be impossible, also NV web driver did not had IOVARenderID and IOVARenderSubID for Maxwell and Pascal, now iMac.kext not work, offline GVA will not work. May be have a chance to test when NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2 is release.

Almost sure IQSV will never fully work with HD5xx/6xx + NV GPU configuration, IQSV encoder should work.

Hi, iMac.kext still working, just need to be a quite modified (see my attachment).

Attachments

• iMac.kext.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 83
i

Last edited:

I managed to enable hardware video decoding on my hackintosh (Nvidia GT 1030 (Pascal/VP8) as primary + offline Intel HD P4600). Only Lilu + Nvidiagraphicsfixup (I downloaded the latest versions and compiled them with Xcode) are needed. Just put them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I managed to enable hardware video decoding on my hackintosh (Nvidia GT 1030 (Pascal/VP8) as primary + offline Intel HD P4600). Only Lilu + Nvidiagraphicsfixup (I downloaded the latest versions and compiled them with Xcode) are needed. Just put them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

That scenario works, but cannot playback DRM content :( (also, if you want to play some movie, the system freezes).
With this configuration, what is the VDADecoderChecker output?

Thanks!

Your HW config is Haswell GT2 + NV GPU, off course, result should IQSV fully work.

Now condition is HD5xx/HD6xx + NV GPU, will IQSV still fully work?

That scenario works, but cannot playback DRM content :( (also, if you want to play some movie, the system freezes).
With this configuration, what is the VDADecoderChecker output?

Thanks!

VDADecoderChecker outputs

Code:
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen75

Hardware acceleration is fully supported

@elmacci Possibly a hardware fault. Maybe some update has it brought it out for Haswell architecture chips?

Your HW config is Haswell GT2 + NV GPU, off course, result should IQSV fully work.

Now condition is HD5xx/HD6xx + NV GPU, will IQSV still fully work?

Well. I don't have HD5xx/HD6xx hardware. So the Lilu+NvididaGraphicsfixup combo may not work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back