Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it's on purpose. If I try and enable acceleration using Shiki which means I can watch HD content then it crashes. If I dont use Shiki no issues with iTunes but no HD streaming... I think there's certain services Apple prefer to restrict to genuine hardware?

I just finished installing both and no luck, I'm still crashing often :(
Yeah :(
Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 20.08.06.png

I'm pretty sure it's on purpose. If I try and enable acceleration using Shiki which means I can watch HD content then it crashes. If I dont use Shiki no issues with iTunes but no HD streaming... I think there's certain services Apple prefer to restrict to genuine hardware?
I also got crashes without Shiki

I also got crashes without Shiki
hardware acceleration can be enabled without shiki. the acceleration status can be checked by VDADecoderChecker.
please follow the guide mentioned in #213, and set the mac type to be iMac 14.1 or 14.2. then the acceleration should be disabled.

if the acceleration is not enabled yet, but iTunes goes crash, hmmm, you have a new discovery.:lol:

but according the Info.plist in AppleGVA.framework, the acceleration on genuine iMac 14.1 should be disabled either. but i don't have a geniue iMac 14.1 to confirm my guess.

Dosn
but according the Info.plist in AppleGVA.framework, the acceleration on genuine iMac 14.1 should be disabled either. but i don't have a geniue iMac 14.1 to confirm my guess.

Not sure I understand you.

My observation is if I enable hardware acceleration using shiki and bootflag shikigva=1 on my profile iMac 17.1 then iTunes crashes. Although I can watch HD content until a crash.

Without hardware acceleration iTunes is completely stable?

Well ive updated iTunes on my Server to iTunes version 12.7.1 working fine here. Note im running 10.12.6 not High Sierra 10.13.1.
Working fine with HD4000 & 4600.

Dosn

Not sure I understand you.

My observation is if I enable hardware acceleration using shiki and bootflag shikigva=1 on my profile iMac 17.1 then iTunes crashes. Although I can watch HD content until a crash.

Without hardware acceleration iTunes is completely stable?

On my case (sysdef: 15,1), I've completely disabled the IGPU (HD4600) from the bios and it's working with the discrete GPU (GTX 750ti) and iTunes works flawlessly. DRM and iMessages also works fine.
Obviously, VDADecoderChecker says the hardware decoder is disabled.

Cheers.

Well ive updated iTunes on my Server to iTunes version 12.7.1 working fine here. Note im running 10.12.6 not High Sierra 10.13.1.
Working fine with HD4000 & 4600.
Would you mind reporting the output of VDADecoderChecker to satisfy curiosity?

Attachments

• VDADecoderChecker.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back