Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends.
AppleIntelFrameBuffer@0 shows a Display connected but Connector type is 00 04 00 00 are you using DisplayPort?
HDMI uses Connector Type 00 08 00 00.

DisplayPort is correct.

I can only get 1080 out of HDMI. using pixel port patch breaks copy and paste and doesn’t work either.

EDIT ignore this worked for the first time. Upon opening and closing the application it's back to usual. I've removed the shikigva=1 boot flag and hardware encoding is deactivated but iTunes is stable.

OK next update... Intelgraphicsfixup, Lilu and Shiki... Hardware encoding is enabled. iTunes crashing as usual.

So de-authorised iTunes and signed out of my account - repeated crashed whilst doing so.

Signed back in and reauthorised iTunes.

No crash since.... but not tested for a longer period yet.

Last edited:
For me ITunes crashed after being opened for about 15-20 seconds. I have seemed to resolve my crashing problems by using Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext that are compiled by RehabMan. As of this posting I have played 8 songs without a crash. I will update my post after several hours of use.

UPDATE:
ITunes ran for over 2 hours without a crash, however not completely resolved. I did a cold start and opened ITunes and it crashed. After opening it a second time it did not crash. Not 100% resolved, but much better that before.

Last edited:
for me it worked for some tiem but thant it crashed again :/

Probably interesting as well : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gpu-graphic-issues.233471/page-6#post-1615848

Therer i try to make teh iGPU work without additionally graphics kext's
I have tried this. The graphic of my hackintosh is HD4600. I've tried inject SSDT, both IGPU and IMEI mentioned in the post. And I removed all kext related to gpu, Lilu, IntelGraphicFixup, Shiki. iTunes works really more stable, but I found the system would be freeze while playing video in safari. So I added Lilu and IntelGraphicFixup back. Everything seems OK now. iTunes works perfectly stable. And also video playing in safari works ok.

I think I know what the problem is.

My hackintosh has got a i7-4790 cpu and a cpu builtin graphic HD4600.

After upgraded to High Sierra, iTunes crashed often.

Then I noticed this post, and I've tried some configuration of shiki, include remove shiki completely, but nothing changed.

After that, i followed the post about patch ssdt menthioned in post #213, iTunes stopped from crashing.

But, I found, quick sync was disabled.

Then I re-enabled shiki, quick sync enabled too, crashing of iTunes came back too.

I thought, I may find some way to enable quick sync without shiki. Finally, I found some thing in the info.plist of AppleGVA.framework. The renderer was set to be offline for some type of mac.
The following code shows the config for iMac 14.2
Code:
 141         <key>Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61</key>
 142         <dict>
 143             <key>facetimeDecode</key>
 144             <true/>
 145             <key>forceBoostOff</key>
 146             <true/>
 147             <key>forceOfflineRenderer</key>
 148             <true/>
 149             <key>hwe</key>
 150             <true/>
 151             <key>hweBGRA</key>
 152             <true/>
 153             <key>ke1</key>
 154             <true/>
 155             <key>pp</key>
 156             <true/>
 157         </dict>

hmmm, I changed my smbios in clover to some other type to match the configure in order to enable quick sync, and the quick sync was enabled finally.

Then, the crashing of iTunes came back.

So, maybe, Apple has written some specific code for it's own hardware. We cannot enable quick sync simply by force enable something.

Then, the crashing of iTunes came back.
do you had it working at all somehow ? At the moment it isnt working with the hd4600 at reliaable all (kext no kext ,ssdt doent matter just boom)

do you had it working at all somehow ? At the moment it isnt working with the hd4600 at reliaable all (kext no kext ,ssdt doent matter just boom)
I have done following things, my iTunes is perfectly stable.
1. remove Shiki kext and remove all boot options related to shiki.
2. uncheck Intel Inject in clover.
3. patch SSDT mentioned in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gpu-graphic-issues.233471/page-6#post-1615848. IGPU, IMEI and all renaming are required.
4. change mac type to iMac 14.2 or 15.1, and check trust in clover.
now, it should be ok, iTunes should be stable. But one thing more needed.
5. install Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup. This would solve the freezing problem while playing video in safari.

One thing should be clear, VDADecoderChecker should return false. iTunes cannot be stable in the case of renderer online in some kind of graphics. what ever it be enabled by shiki or some other method. If you find a way to make iTunes stable while renderer online, please tell me:p.

In my opinion, the working SSDT patch should be the IMEI. The IGPU patch should be the same as Intel Injection. The IMEI patch make macOS know what the type it is, and disabled hardware accelerated renderer. But I've not test yet.

Last edited:
iTunes 12.7.1 released, together with macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 :)
Let's hope it solves our problem.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 19.31.44.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back