Contribute
Register

Half Mini PCI-E Card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched anetnnaes conenctions to the other connector and both bands are working. However, bluetooth will only connect if my devices is behind my laptop. It picks it up in devices if in front but will not connect. Wth did I do wrong?

Sounds like the antennas are not installed correctly.
Typically, antennas are installed/routed in the display bezel.
How are your antennas installed?

Sounds like the antennas are not installed correctly.
Typically, antennas are installed/routed in the display bezel.
How are your antennas installed?
Sorry I didn't include this info previously. Like an idiot, I canceled my order for my new antennas since connecting the single antennae to the other connector fixed the 2.4ghz connection issue I previously had.

So , in short, 2.4 and 5ghz are working(current antennae is routed through the bezel display). Bluetooth shows up. Icon is there. Device will briefly show up, and ,when held behind laptop will connect then disconnect when at distance.

I probably need to get the secondary antenna and try again. Ill post back once I have done that . Thanks and soryfor being such a damned noob.

Does this mean anything, in particular the "connectable" ?
Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes

Handoff Supported: Yes

Instant Hot Spot Supported: Yes

Manufacturer: Broadcom

Transport: USB

Chipset: 20702A3

Firmware Version: v14 c5862

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Off

Connectable: No

Does this mean anything, in particular the "connectable" ?
Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes

Handoff Supported: Yes

Instant Hot Spot Supported: Yes

Manufacturer: Broadcom

Transport: USB

Chipset: 20702A3

Firmware Version: v14 c5862

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Off

Connectable: No

My System Information -> Bluetooth shows "Connectable: Yes".

My System Information -> Bluetooth shows "Connectable: Yes".
Odd. Does this mean my bt actually isnt active even though the icon shows. I notice now its not finding devices whereas before it was. Dang.

Edit: I deleted bluetooth plist. It now sees devices. For example, it sees my nexus 5x. I go through the pairing process, allow access to contacts etc on my phone. It connects then immediately a circle pops up(the circle when it is searching for devices on the mac in the bluetooth pane) and then it disconnects. The phone still shows under devices. I dont know if this is harddware or if my kexts/plist/etc are not set up correctly?

Edit 2; connects then says "network unavailable. please enable network sharing".

Last edited:
Odd. Does this mean my bt actually isnt active even though the icon shows. I notice now its not finding devices whereas before it was. Dang.

Edit: I deleted bluetooth plist. It now sees devices. For example, it sees my nexus 5x. I go through the pairing process, allow access to contacts etc on my phone. It connects then immediately a circle pops up(the circle when it is searching for devices on the mac in the bluetooth pane) and then it disconnects. The phone still shows under devices. I dont know if this is harddware or if my kexts/plist/etc are not set up correctly?

Edit 2; connects then says "network unavailable. please enable network sharing".

No experience with your phone hardware (I have an iPhone).
But certain phones are not intended to be paired, as they use BT4LE (for example, iPhone is one of them).
Try connecting your phone to a real Mac so you know what the correct expectations are.

No experience with your phone hardware (I have an iPhone).
But certain phones are not intended to be paired, as they use BT4LE (for example, iPhone is one of them).
Try connecting your phone to a real Mac so you know what the correct expectations are.
Would those issues extend to Bluetooth headsets? My bt headset stays connected until I move it to a very small(1 meter) distance.

May be antenna issue.
Test on Windows.
Verify all antennas are installed correctly.

And if you need analysis of your software configuration...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Thanks. I used windows and didn't seem to have any issue connecting after updating the drivers for the card. I'll look at the problem reporting post you linked as soon as I get more time. Thanks for your help . Really appreciate it.

Last thing and then I'm just gonna stick with my USB bt. I ran verbose at boot and got some errors for the brcm kexts

Maybe this is why my bt is so finicky? I might just do a fresh install and only install the stuff I know works ,now.

Attachments

• IMG_20170916_155753.jpg
    IMG_20170916_155753.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back