i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey folks,

So after doing some research and asking some questions here, I went and bought the
AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 . I popped it in and only had to change the antennae connection to get it to pop up in linux. BT, 2,4/5ghz working great.

I booted into sierra and expected it to work otb, but to no avail. I have tried installing FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from rehabman's github but to no avail. It is showing up under DPCI manager . Not sure if I am doing something wrong or am perhaps missing something here. Any direction would be helpful.

Hey folks,

So after doing some research and asking some questions here, I went and bought the
AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 . I popped it in and only had to change the antennae connection to get it to pop up in linux. BT, 2,4/5ghz working great.

I booted into sierra and expected it to work otb, but to no avail. I have tried installing FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from rehabman's github but to no avail. It is showing up under DPCI manager . Not sure if I am doing something wrong or am perhaps missing something here. Any direction would be helpful.

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

See FAQ for BCM94352 requirements.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

See FAQ for BCM94352 requirements.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you for the reply and directions. I am quite a noob to this being so much has changed since I did my first hackintosh a long time ago with snow leopard,haha. I currently have a newer version of fake pciid installed in s/l/e. Do I need to replace it with the one from your github, even though it is older?

For the kexts, I definitely need FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext , along with the specified BrcmPatchRAM for my osx version 10.12.6?

I am looking at toledas thread but I cant really follow it. A bit too technical for me.

Thank you for the reply and directions. I am quite a noob to this being so much has changed since I did my first hackintosh a long time ago with snow leopard,haha. I currently have a newer version of fake pciid installed in s/l/e. Do I need to replace it with the one from your github, even though it is older?

For the kexts, I definitely need FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext , along with the specified BrcmPatchRAM for my osx version 10.12.6?

I am looking at toledas thread but I cant really follow it. A bit too technical for me.

Use latest kexts. Read the FAQ carefully as you also need the fcvo patch.

Use latest kexts. Read the FAQ carefully as you also need the fcvo patch.
Thank you sir. I noticed bluetooth works after installing the correct BrcmPatchRAM kexts. Do I need to inject wifi id in addition to fcvo patch? How would I obtain wifi i as card isnt showing under system?

Edit- would this be the appropriate fcvo patch?

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>

</dict>

Thank you sir. I noticed bluetooth works after installing the correct BrcmPatchRAM kexts. Do I need to inject wifi id in addition to fcvo patch? How would I obtain wifi i as card isnt showing under system?

Edit- would this be the appropriate fcvo patch?

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>

</dict>

The FAQ lists the requirements for BCM94352.
Please read it carefully.
Your question is answered there.

Hint: If the text there doesn't say you need to do "X", you don't need to do "X".

The FAQ lists the requirements for BCM94352.
Please read it carefully.
Your question is answered there.

Hint: If the text there doesn't say you need to do "X", you don't need to do "X".

Thank you. I went back and read and I managed to get it working along with bluetooth. My only issue now is it gives me "Could not connect to "wireless network". Try moving closer to the wireless router. Alternatively run Wireless Diagnostics to troubleshoot." It only does this on my 2,4ghz. It connects fine to my 5ghz connection and bluetooth runs very well. I think this may have to do with it having two antennae connections and I only have one antennae?

Edit- I just noticed locale is listed as unknown. Could this be an issue?

shows up in terminal

d$ system_profiler SPAirPortDataType | grep -A 3 Locale

Locale: Unknown

Country Code: GB

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140

Last edited:
Thank you. I went back and read and I managed to get it working along with bluetooth. My only issue now is it gives me "Could not connect to "wireless network". Try moving closer to the wireless router. Alternatively run Wireless Diagnostics to troubleshoot." It only does this on my 2,4ghz. It connects fine to my 5ghz connection and bluetooth runs very well. I think this may have to do with it having two antennae connections and I only have one antennae?

Edit- I just noticed locale is listed as unknown. Could this be an issue?

shows up in terminal

d$ system_profiler SPAirPortDataType | grep -A 3 Locale

Locale: Unknown

Country Code: GB

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140

Connect two antennas.

Connect two antennas.
I switched anetnnaes conenctions to the other connector and both bands are working. However, bluetooth will only connect if my devices is behind my laptop. It picks it up in devices if in front but will not connect. Wth did I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back