Graphics
Intel HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I need a hackintosh that works with two network cards (RJ45), I know that the motherboard's network card already works which network card I can install to work at the same time, because I wanted to mount a server with a hackintosh with a linux virtual machine for firewall

Hi, I need a hackintosh that works with two network cards (RJ45), I know that the motherboard's network card already works which network card I can install to work at the same time, because I wanted to mount a server with a hackintosh with a linux virtual machine for firewall

I think the reason that no one has responded to your query is that we do not understand your question. What do you mean by "..mount a server with a hackintosh with a linux virtual machine for firewall..."?

MacOS and OS X can manage several NICs concurrently. You can run an app such as VMWare Fusion in almost any version of macOS/OS X and have virtual Linux and/or Windows machines running concurrently. The virtual machines use the installed NICs via several different schemes, but in the final analysis the host OS actually owns the hardware.

This is a non answer to your query because I don't understand the question.

Good modding,
neil

My Server has 2x Ethernet Cards one is Intel and the other is Realtek. My Backup Server has a Dual Lan Card which is also Intel. I recommend a Intel Card for a Server. Intel Cards are better than Realtek. Problem is with Realtek that the work load is moved to the CPU instead of the Lan Card hence why I recommend a Intel Card. But not all Intel & Realtek works. a HP NC360T is a good card that works with AppleIntelE. Some Intel Pro Ethernet Cards also works with AppleIntelE kext.

Last edited:
arlisonsoares,

Please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name..

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back