Nvidia GTX 560 1 GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is the first computer I have built, and so far I have been able to troubleshoot all of my software problems to the point where my hackintosh was running smoothly, and I only had to disable sleep mode. Before I go further, this is my build:

System: Mountain Lion
Motherboard: Gigabyte Intel Z68 DDR3 2133 LGA 1155 GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K Quad Core Processor 3.4 Ghz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155
Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 1GB
SSD: Crucial 128 GB m4 2.5 inch Solid State Drive SATA 6 Gb/s

I apologize if there is any excess info. I'm really new to this so I'm not 100% sure what is necessary and what isn't.

About 2 weeks ago I started up the Mac drive of my Hack (I have a Windows drive as well for gaming), and transferred 25 GBs of photos to my desktop, and then shut down. Last night I tried to boot my Mac drive, and it only got as far as the gray loading screen, and I forced a shutdown after 15 minutes. I was able to boot it in safe mode, but once there, I couldn't find anything that wouldn't allow my computer to boot. I tried booting without loading kernal caches, no change. I started in safe mode and tried to change org.chameleon.boot.plist with Chameleon Wizard to ignore kernal caches on startup, and when I saved and went to my Extras folder, the plist was gone...

I restarted the computer, same problem, won't load. But now when I try to boot in safe mode, I get to the grey apple loading screen, and then my monitor no longer receives a signal. I can access my Mac drive from my Windows drive, but I don't have any idea the first place to look to try and troubleshoot. I loaded my Mac drive in Verbose mode, and took a picture at where it seems to "fail." As far as I can tell reading through the list, everything loaded fine, it just won't go any further.

493.jpg494.jpg

I'm at a loss. I'm alright wiping the system and starting over, but my problem is, I don't know what caused this to fail. I want to use my hackintosh for freelance video editing, but if it's going to fail for no reason, I can't rely on it, especially if I don't know how to prevent it from happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, although forgive me if I ask you to elaborate or "explain it like I'm 5." I'm learning as I go, so even if I may not understand out of the gate, I usually pick it up fast.

Thank you in advance!

My friend recommended I boot in safe mode and try installing the bootloader through Multibeast again. I'm going to give this a shot, I just need the computer to boot up in safe mode...

My guess is I messed up boot files when I tried to turn of kernel caches in my plist, and that the entire plist disappeared when I hit save. Any suggestions to repair this?

My problem was similar to the one above except my error was with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, all i did was delete the kext, and rebooted with your flag and it works again

[Reinstalled]Hackintosh suddenly won't boot past gray Apple loading screen

Not really the solution i wanted but i just reinstalled lol, oh well podcasting season is moving to fast for me to have much downtime lol wish i could have been more help to everyone!

i am having the same problem after using the 5.4 multibeast after the 10.8.4 update. system wont boot with -x or graphicsenabler=no, would u think i need to do the same thing. also im a noob and not sure how to delete a kext. im gonna search the fourm also

i7 3770k, ga-q77m-d2h, gtx670

any help is appreciated

Hi,

I thought I'd add my experience here just in case it helps anyone else.

I've got a GA P55 UD3 mobo and one day I got back to find the machine powered off and unable to boot past the grey apple startup screen. I tried EVERY bootflag available with no joy.

In the end I read someone's post about a BIOS setting that needed changing. Now I swear I didn't change anything before the crash - I just wouldn't have needed to be anywhere near this particular setting - but it turns out that when I disabled the Virtualisation Technology option in my BIOS, suddenly everything was back to normal - as if it had never had a problem.

Anyway, there you go.

All the best,
Ed

Hi guys

I'm having the same problem. My hack froze during an 8GB upload to GoogleDrive, now I can only boot up in safe mode.

I've tried using multibeast in safe mode to reinstall the boot loader, but this makes no difference and I don't really know anything at all about Kext files or where to find them. I posted about this in a separate thread - Hack froze during large file transfer, now login screen doesn't load, but I've had zero replies on it :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back