Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
R9 270x
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I haven't had an issue with my High Sierra setup up until lately. As of a few days ago, sometimes when I try to log in or even after I've logged into my profile, my system using Clover just restarts out of the blue without warning.

It's usually right after I've successfully logged in and the desktop has loaded and I've started up Firefox or is still loading, but without any warning (no KP information) it just restarts. Other occurences also happen right as I log in (it either restarts or freezes, both new symptoms) or sometimes it even restarts just before the login screen.

The only thing that has really changed about my system between once the symptoms started was that I installed some 802.11 kexts for WiFi, and that I've moved my machine to a new physical environment, removing ethernet. I was also playing around with the darkwake option to try to fix sleeping on my system, but I've changed my settings back to their defaults that I've used for 2+ years.

Could it possibly be a failing hardware issue? A hardware overload doesn't seem like an issue since this usually happens on login. I've also tried using the "Don't restart on kernel panic" and "Keep symbls on kernel panic" options but no luck.

Check that you haven't dislodged anything when you moved the computer.
Check that the CPU heatsink and fan are correctly seated and operating.
Reseat all cards, RAM modules, cables and connectors.

Hey P1LGRIM, I actually just bought a new case and moved all my hardware about two days ago. The issues started happening beforehand, but during my new case installation I made sure everything was seated correctly, though I didn't check for hardware problems. Could it be that a hard drive or some RAM is failing, and how would I check that? Would I just reseat and wait until it restarts again? My GPU is also really long and it sags a bit once inserted into my PCIe slot, but that hasn't been an issue ever.

I've been looking at some system logs from my machine and it seems this message always pops up near my random reboot times:

Jun 4 15:48:36 iMac suhelperd[584]: objc[584]: Class KeychainMasterHandler is implemented in both /usr/lib/libIASAuthReboot.dylib (0x7fffacd240a8) and /System/Library/CoreServices/Software Update.app/Contents/Resources/suhelperd (0x10947bae0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Is this something of concern?

I've been looking at some system logs from my machine and it seems this message always pops up near my random reboot times:

Jun 4 15:48:36 iMac suhelperd[584]: objc[584]: Class KeychainMasterHandler is implemented in both /usr/lib/libIASAuthReboot.dylib (0x7fffacd240a8) and /System/Library/CoreServices/Software Update.app/Contents/Resources/suhelperd (0x10947bae0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Is this something of concern?
Hello a1337 !!! ... I am having the same problem as yours !!! ... Have you solved it ???

I hope you don't mind me jumping in but I too have experienced the same reboots shortly after login. I had a rock solid system running since Dec and about a week after the 10.13.5 update I started having issues. I didn't do much that week so restored from a backup with carbon copy cloner and have been running stable for the last couple weeks. I shut down last night and this afternoon it started up again. There's no KP info but I did boot into safe mode and copy out the system log. I was able to see the last 3-4 crashes and reboot logs but not sure what the culprit could be. I too have the "KeychainMasterHandler" reference but I'll attach a complete boot log from startup to crash for some of the experts to look at. I hope we can figure this out as I've been running hacks for 6-7yrs without any issues.

Attachments

• boot.txt
    42.6 KB · Views: 246
To anyone who stumbles upon this thread, I eventually "fixed" the issue by just using ethernet. My Wifi card did not work with my system. It gave me Wifi, but the modified kexts I edited to support the card kept crashing my system. Using ethernet stopped the restarts.

To anyone who stumbles upon this thread, I eventually "fixed" the issue by just using ethernet. My Wifi card did not work with my system. It gave me Wifi, but the modified kexts I edited to support the card kept crashing my system. Using ethernet stopped the restarts.

Hmm. That isn't the case for me. I'm already using ethernet. I also have the OSX Wifi card for continuity/handoff and iMessages...

Seems I had 2 ALC1220 kexts installed. I just removed one and it appears to be stable. Not sure when that happened as I did not install any kexts recently and the system was running fine but removing it seems to have stabilized the system. Hope this helps someone.

Well mine reappeared after a day of stability. I removed AppleALC.kext just to see if it was something related to sound and system ran stable. I downloaded updated versions of AppleALC and Lilu since it appears mine were a couple minor versions behind. Seems to be running stable again but this is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back